Graduating college May 14. Update on Getting my GED and going to college thread from 5 years ago.

by noni1974 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Fantastic news Noni, well done you!

:)

• DJS
    DJS

noni,

Excellent. I am very proud of you. I took a similar path after my Borg experience. I understand the joy.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Good show
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for congratulations

The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

Doc

• under the radar
    under the radar

Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!!

I don't even know you, but I am SO proud of you. I really admire initiative and self-motivation in people, especially when they are starting "behind the eight ball." You have every right to be very pleased with yourself.

For what it's worth, my Extremely Significant Other is a medical coder now, as well as a former supervisor and instructor in a major regional hospital here in the northeast. She says the field is really going to explode when ICD-10 finally begins here in the US. She now codes from home for a major agency and loves the control it gives her over her schedule.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • finally awake
    finally awake
    Great news!!!
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Well done, Noni!
  • noni1974
    noni1974

It has been awhile since I have posted here. I have been busy. LOL I have two weeks left in school and I am excited to get it done.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. It means a lot to me.I can tell everyone that it is worth going after what you want because you have zero chance of having your dreams come true by sitting by and wishing for things to just happen. I used to have a fully laid out plan for when I won the lottery and that included going to college. I never thought I had it in me to just go for it and take a chance before. Now I only regret not doing it sooner.

I actually have my first job as a graduate working as a temp for a project at the biggest hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. It won't last long, but it is something I can add to the old resume. After that my career is up in the air until I find a full time job.

• Simon
    Simon

Fantastic achievement - well done !

Simon, why was this post rated "NC-17"? Was it because of the Latin words?

Yes, the rating is simplistic / based on words in the post and sometimes get's things wrong - I normally check and update the ratings but generally it helps keep 'bad' content out of direct view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit