Graduating college May 14. Update on Getting my GED and going to college thread from 5 years ago.

by noni1974 25 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/187163/getting-my-ged-can-go-college

I started this topic 5 years ago letting everyone know I had decide to get my GED and go to college in hopes of getting an education so that I could have a career instead of just a job. I wanted fulfillment and a future, not just another job that has no really future in it.

I have been going to college for 5 years now. I graduate on May 14, 2015. I will graduate with 2 degrees and a certificate. I am also a graduating member of the Honors program at my school and a member of Phi Theta Kappa ( honor society for 2 year colleges.) It took me 5 years to finally graduate with the degree I wanted. I changed my major in 2012 and that set me back about 1 1/2 years. I had no idea when I started that I would want to actually get my bachelors degree and when I found this out about myself I didn't even think twice and i decided to just go for it.

I will receive an Associates of Art, an Associates of Applied Science in Health Information Management Technology, and a certificate in Medical Billing and Coding. I am also a graduating member of my schools Honors Program and Phi Theta Kappa (international honor society for 2 year colleges.)

I have applied for and been accepted into one of the best programs in my field in the US at the University of Cincinnati to get my bachelors degree in Health Information Management Administration. I want to work in compliance in a hospital. I want to make sure the hospital is following the laws and is in compliance with it's accreditation entity requirements.

I will graduate with honors, Cum Laude, and move on finally. I feel like I have been stuck for a while now because it felt like I wasn't moving on. Along the way I met my 2 best friends, I made many friends in my fellow class mates and co-workers. I have worked for 3 years at my school as a Student Ambassador, which if you talked to the president of my Campus is the "Best of the Best" students on campus. I have enjoyed working there. I really feel like I have made an impact on many students and I have helped to encourage them to keep going.

The best part of all of this is that I learned to believe in myself and to trust my instincts. I learned that I can do anything I put my mind to. I learned that I am really an artist at heart. I learned that I have many talents and I can keep going without letting anything or anyone get in my way.

I am really proud of my accomplishments. I worked really hard to get this far. I have been accepted into the University of Cincinnati to complete my Bachelors of Science degree in "Health Information Management Administration" in the fall. The program is very competitive and not easy to get into and I got into it early. I was the first applicant to be accepted for the fall.

I can't believe I am really going to graduate. When I started I just wanted to see if college was something I could do. I wasn't sure due to the lack of education and encouragement i got growing up JW that I was even going to finish my first semester. Not only did I finish my first semester I made the Dean's Honors List . No one was more shocked than I was at that outcome. I made the Dean's Honors List 4 more times after that.

Anyway, i have come a long way and I am excited that I finally get to walk across a stage with a cap and gown on. It is exciting and scary at the same time. I am not sure how I will feel about it while it is happening. I think I will cry for joy for the second time in my life. My parents will be there to finally see one of their kids walk a stage and get a diploma.

I want everyone to feel the way I feel right now. Go after your dreams. Don't let anything or anyone to get in your way of your dream.
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    Congratulations on a job well done! Health information is a great field.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

fantastic news noni

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Great news. Congratulations!!!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    That's wonderful! Congrats :)
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Congratulations! I'm working on my BS in Health Informatics. I like the various programs several colleges have that incorporate certificates into their programs.

Good Luck on your future goals.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    You should be proud! Congrats!
  • zeb
    zeb
    best wishes. God gave us a brain to use not bury.
  • Oogie
    Oogie

Awesome news Noni!!!

[Simon, why was this post rated "NC-17"? Was it because of the Latin words?]

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Noni, congrats on your accomplishment!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit