Funniest Thing to happen during a meeting?

by truthseeker1969 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

short but sweet, in the last couple months there was a WT Study, I was reader, don't remember the exact article but was within last 2 months, subject of expecting end to come any day, conductor asks "who here thinks armageddon is coming tomorrow?", expecting of course EVERYONE raising their hands, to his surprise, NO-ONE at all raised their hand! (cue crickets)...funny...almost busted out laughing but since on stage facing all, had to contain...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Years ago, wife and I were in a book study group at the Hall conducted by the kind of elder everybody here knows one of (and hates them all). Smacked his kids, yelled at his wife, berated publishers, sucked up to the other elders, you know the type. So this time, he decide it would be "fun" if we all sat in a circle. So we pushed some chairs around and start the study. His daughter (about 3 at the time) is sitting in her chair alone playing with a doll. About half way through the study she starts scolding the doll - not making any noise, just wagging her finger in its face and mouthing words. Then she turns it over on her lap, pulls its skirt up and starts beating the daylights out of it. Mom turns beet red, Dad gets so flustered he can't talk, and the other six or eight of us are trying hard not to fall out of our chairs and roll around.

• 86theWT
    86theWT

At a WT study long ago with the Circuit Servant visiting no less, I had to go to the men's room. I'd been having a problem with a swollen uvula (dangly thing in your mouth) which caused me to choke and gag at times. Well this attack was really bad, and I ended up dry heaving into the throne for a good two or three minutes. I was not a shy heaver, but was in the solitude of the bathroom, so I really went to town. Probably sounded like someone waking up with a bad hangover and a good case of food poisoning.

Apparently the KH was not that well soundproofed, 'cause it seemed like everyone was looking back to see who was returning to the auditorium from the hallway. The WTO sounded kinda timid reading the WT question. As I sat in my chair, the CS sitting a couple chairs away quipped "Everyone's a critic". Guess he was making a joke, but it kinda fit, at several levels! Also, CS with a sense of humor, so there's that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit