Funniest Thing to happen during a meeting?

by truthseeker1969 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

I am sure all of us have laughed at something that happened at the kingdom hall or assembly.

The first one I can think of is a brother giving a talk on voting and saying " why is it that men sit iin pubs and discuss how bad the economy is and the cost of everything and yet when the 'erection" (election) comes up they never do anything about it.

My brother in his best beavis n butthead voioce said " huh huh he said erection". We sat for the next 45 mins trying hard not to laugh.

Of course, I got the look from the Elders and the talk about not laughing.

• andys
    andys

This happened years back when I was helping with mics, I was walking up the isle and somehow my shoe caught on the microphone handle and I went tripping up the isle.....................................................

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

lol andys i have seen a brother with the microphone pole hit a sister in the teeth with the microphone...brothely love in action.

• skin
    skin

With me, it was when I was controlling the audio mixer desk, song was playing and I stepped back, tripped on the power cord pulling it out from the wall, song stopped. Everyone continued singing but with no music.

• sizemik
    sizemik

In my first congregation (early 80's) there had been a family next to the hall who resented our presence. During the WT Study there would be a loud rock 'n roll drum riff belting out for about 20 secs following the reading of each paragraph. The timing was perfect and obliged the study conductor to either wait or raise his voice.

Eventually after about 5 paragraphs someone worked out what was going on. The youngster next door had rung in on the recently provided telephone hook-up and was sitting at his drumkit listening to the program on headphones. The "brothers" were embarrased, the rest of us thought it was hilarious.

• blondie
    blondie

Several but

1) the mike handler that wasn't watching why the cord was not moving, gave it a yank, and sent a 90-year-old sister into the floor (3rd row from the front so everyone saw) Fortunately she wasn't hurt but the audience laughed before they knew that and it was a sister that jumped to this woman's aid.

2) the under 5 child that let a loud fart at the book study and the conductor and the reader got the "giggles" and could not control them so the meeting ended after only 20 minutes, yay! (no Blondie was not the farter)

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I can top all of those...

One day in the special 3 day convention, we were sitting with a young brother in our hall who would always come up with some WHACKY ideas. For some reason he decided it would be a good idea if he brought his laptop to the convention. My brother turned to him and said: "What the hell are you doing with your laptop here?" The young brother said: "Im taking notes!" So... he took a few notes, and then, being the bright spark he is... said to my brother: "I KNOW! I'll record the talk using the microphone on the laptop!" So... he sets it all up as quiet as a mouse, so as not to disturb any of the other 14,000 delegates in attendance... and then... he hits the record button.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the next 15 seconds as the high pitched screetching sound continues, he fumbles franticaly and starts shouting, "Shut up shut up you stupid computer!" After trying to turn down the volume control on the laptop and using the volume knob on the laptop unsuccessfully, he decided to RIP OUT the battery! Lol! My brother and I were peeing ourselves laughing! He went red in the face and didnt say anything for a long time! HAHAHAHA!!!

I also have some more. Maybe ill post them soon!

Timmy :D

• burnedout
    burnedout

- Late 70's, filthy trucker cb talk bleeding over into the sound system during the WT study.

- carrying the mics once, I farted by accident. a brother smiles and says 'nice crop dusting there boy'

- during sisters talk on TMS, as the two sisters go up on stage during counsel for previous talk, one sisters' chair leg is near the edge of the stage... she cartwheels over and lands upside down, her skirt no longer hiding her black thong. (my hunch about her was right... she WAS hot)

- fire started in mens restroom by someone lighting a match to burn off remaining noxious fumes. (he did the 'wave the match' thing before tossing it in the trash can) WT conductor stopped the study and gave a 10 minute lecture on fire safety and how JW's should not even have matches on themselves because someone might think we were smokers. (not sure which was funnier, the fire or the lecture)

- teenagers going out to the parking lot during the meeting and switching license plates on the Elders' vehicles. not sure how long it took before it was noticed. Once a few of the elders noticed related their story about having a wrong license plate, they knew where it happened.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Blondie this reminds me of when I was a young teenager at the book study the elder that conducted the study and his wife were very pious and prim and proper, they had a young son, he was big for his age and looked older, and was always emarrassing his parents. One week he dropped his book and bent down to pick it up and let out a huge loud sounding fart, of course me and the other young teenagers one of them my friend looked at each other and burst out laughing and tried to stop, but he bent down and did it again, the more we tried to stop laughing the worse it got, my friend and I had to go to the bathroom and stay there for the rest of the study.

What made it funnier was the poor mothers face was beaming bright red trying to act as though it had not happened.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Blondie you are a hoot you always make me laugh, such a positive knowledge filled person!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit