Pedophilia

by imasheilatoo 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• imasheilatoo
    imasheilatoo

I'm fairly new here, so I don't know if this has been discussed before. We used to have a member of the "Remnant" in our congregation (Chester G), who lived at Bethel. He was an older man, and had been a witness for a very long time. He was revered and we were all supposed to listen to him with rapt attention when he spoke. All eyes were on him at the Memorial services, as he partook of the wine. One day during a meeting he was in the library room in the back, and I was in there too, though I don't remember why. I was about 13 years old. He grabbed me and kissed me on the lips, several times, chuckling in between kisses. I had my hands pressed against him pushing against him, and he let me go. I didn't tell anyone at that time, because you know the syndrome -- how does a little girl go up against such a powerful man? But I stayed clear of him after that, and I often wondered who else he molested. Many years later I found out that my best friend was repeatedly sexually abused by her father, who was an elder in the congregation. This was the same elder who once took it upon himself to "counsel" me for something I had supposedly done wrong. I have known of many wrongdoings by supposedly righteous people, but pedophilia seems particularly heinous, and I think probably such things came to light to elders but were never prosecuted, just swept under the rug.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Dirty old man

Sorry to hear you had that experience. It makes you wonder what else went on in that congregation?

Welcome to the board.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Brother Chester the child molester.

It's disturbing how many "latent" pedophiles lurk in this organisation. Positions of authority seem to provide the perfect conditions for them emerge and become "active" . . . and then the conditions exist for them to persist with impunity. I find it hard to accept this is all because of some "pre-disposition". Some have a pre-disposition to violence . . . but we don't make excuses for violent behaviour. This type of behaviour is even more destructive to the victim in many cases.

These are the worst lind of low-lifes . . . total, heartless, self-interest . . . and "annointed" . . . pffft.

Welcome to you imasheilatoo . . . sorry you have to have such a memory.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It happens way to often imasheilatoo :( My 9 year old daughter was a victim of a very loved and respected ex elder.

Truth is the WTS want these situations to just go away and if it means losing Jehovah's precious innocent sheep, then so be it!

Like the Scriptures say..you will recognize them by their fruit. That's why I got my family out of there as soon as I seen what they really were.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Read Barbara Anderson's site watchtowerdocuments.com, and it will blow your mind!

• talesin
    talesin

He should be taken in the back alley and thrashed within an inch of his life,,,, and then castrated.

t

* no mercy for *soul murderers * klass

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome

i take it you are an aussie? the word 'sheila' in your name...

I remember a few real oldies that were of the remnant in my young days, after one died, i was always scared to sin because brother brown would be watching me!

oz

• Band on the Run
  • Band on the Run
  • Band on the Run

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit