Paradise Earth

by MrFreeze 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So, lets speak hypothetically here. Lets say the WT is right about paradise earth and the new world. If we did live forever, what would happen if we fell off a cliff accidentally? Would we die? Would we just be slightly injured? What would happen if we were impaled by a tree branch or something? Would we get broken bones anymore? Would our teeth keep regrowing like a sharks teeth?

• Lore
    Lore

Some witnesses think you'll be protected by angels. So if you fell off a cliff an angel would catch you and slowly bring you to the ground.

Or if you got impaled by a tree branch an angel would pull it out and heal your wounds.

This of course doesn't answer the question of why a god would give humans a limited ability to heal themselves if they're supposed to be healed by magic. Or why they have an immune system if they were never supposed to get sick. Or why they have pain receptors if they were never supposed to feel pain.

• mindseye
    mindseye

I always wondered about the specifics of Paradise as a kid. I figured we would just grow back limbs and regenerate if caught in a fire, kind of like the Terminator.

And since no one would die, what would happen when the earth would fill up to the breaking point? Would Jehovah cause condoms and birth control to rain down like manna? Would he change the rules and command everyone to be homosexual? Maybe the WT gave some half-assed answer for this one, I don't remember.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Everything Jesus did while he was on Earth was to foreshadow things to come.

And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him. - Luke 22:50-51
    Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. - Rev 22:1-2
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

Anything is possible in the human imagination

Living within reality is quite another story.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think they said no more reproduction.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So you are saying demons are causing us to break bones when we fall down steps? Or maybe they pushed us down the steps?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

My indoctrinator.....ahem, study conductor said we won't be falling or getting into accidents because, since we'll be perfect, our senses will be so much more perceptive.

I never bought it, but he did his part I guess, whether he believed it or not.....

• moshe
    moshe

Trained monkeys will pick your fruit, deliver it and even feed you- so there is no reason for anyone to leave their house, yurt, tent, etc, and get hurt.

• sizemik
    sizemik

So base-jumping is out? . . . pffft . . . some paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit