GB becoming more angry!

by truthseeker1969 16 Replies latest jw friends

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

People have less patient these days for Bullcrap. Bad Economy, Natural Disasters...just trying to survive and put food on the plate. I've seen a lot of Witnesses (active) having an "I could care less about what's in this Watchtower article"...young ones and even the adults (20 - 50's age range). You can see it in their Facebook posts (and pics), musical tastes, attitude out in FS (taking 1 or even 2 breaks to starbucks or riding around). Even those that are DF'd get nods and waves ...at meetings as if to tell them..."yeah it is all crap anyway, you'll be back soon then we can have our fun"

Would be nice if this group of GBs will be the last!...time to start talking about "THESE LAST DAYS" again and the many Dangers out there.

• aristeas
    aristeas

Why not just say, "brothers, we have no clue and therfore no clue about anything that has been taught"[?]

At the end of R Franz's first book (I think that's where it is) he relates how some typical sister who found out about the O's corruption was completely adrift. I'm sure we have all seen that. After decades (from JFR's time) of nearly always having the concrete answers that—let's face it—most active Witnesses seek, the GB can hardly pull off such a major change of course! They ARE afraid the whole thing will come crashing down and they will be guilty before Jehovah. They just could not conscientiously do it. They would then be 'unfaithful' to their charge.

My two bits for what it's worth.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Why not just say, "brothers, we have no clue and therfore no clue about anything that has been taught"

That would require something which is scarce amongst people with positions amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.................... Humility.

• sir82
    sir82
    I've seen a lot of Witnesses (active) having an "I could care less about what's in this Watchtower article"

That's what happens when you build a culture in which anything more than 5 years old is "old light" and not to be trusted, and where literally any teaching, no matter how long standing, can be dropped instantly with the release of a single new magazine article.

JWs remember what they "learned" at the meeting only for as long as it takes them to exit the parking lot.

Just for fun, ask someone to name the theme of the last 4 Sunday talks given. Or ask them to summarize the previous chapter in the Congregation "Bible Study". Easily 98% will not be able to do it - yet the meetings are supposed to be so utterly "vital".

The Society has spent 130+ years building a culture with the memory & attention span of a goldfish, and then wails and gnashes their teeth about how "the sheep don't listen!"

• Essan
    Essan

Dogpatch said: "... Jehovah is a twit and has no power "

LOL OK, I want that on a T-Shirt, car stickers, mugs...the lot.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind
    Just for fun, ask someone to name the theme of the last 4 Sunday talks given. Or ask them to summarize the previous chapter in the Congregation "Bible Study". Easily 98% will not be able to do it - yet the meetings are supposed to be so utterly "vital".

In my congregation, they won't even know the theme of any of the last 4 Sunday talks -- and that's two hours after the meeting. And I mean that!

• steve2
    steve2

Those raised in the religion tend to succumb to apathy quicker than those converted from the door-to-door work. Nowadays, in Western countries at least, most of the baptisms are those who were raised in the religion with decreased numbers of d-t-d converts.

Yes, the GB has reason to worry about the calibre of JWs these days.

Born-ins used to strike me as a combination of unthinking-smug and complacent, as if they'd never really reflected upon any of the JW beliefs that they'd been exposed to since they were toddlers. I doubt the born-ins will ever completely break away, but they are the very worst JWs imaginable: Not in the organization fully, but not out fully either. The best words to describe them? Smugly lukewarm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit