GB becoming more angry!

by truthseeker1969 16 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Flipping through the WT and other artices it strikes me how angry the governing body is becoming and how they are using insulting words to describe anyone who "rocks the boat".

Words such as diseased and vindictive are common place now and so petty.

It seems to me that these men may be allowing personal feelings to overcome their spiritual role that they are supposed to live by.

I have been out of the truth for 17 years and it is clear to me that they have lost the plot.

Look at the generation flip flop. Why not just say, "brothers, we have no clue and therfore no clue about anything that has been taught". Assuming the role of Jesus on earth is something no one should do as one look at Corinthians clearly states that "gifts of prophesying would be done away with" in other words God said I will tell you not you me.

Anyone else feel that the GB is angry?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Not angry, rather,

desperate to hold onto control

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik

They're shit scared to offer any meaningful scriptural interpretation, in case it all turns out smelling as bad as the overlapping generations fiasco. The internet has had a hand in that and so I think they're a little frozen to the spot. Without some startling "new light" that will stand scrutiny, they're left with nothing to thrill the masses with.

They lack imagination, courage and the nouse to add anything apart from beating the same old drums. As a result they're appearing more and more authoritarian, and less and less inspired. I guess that must make them frustrated and a touch angry. To me they just seem like a rudderless ship just after the candle went out in the lighthouse.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Touche Aussie!

• metatron
    metatron

The organization has a long held policy of avoiding condemnation or open criticism of an audience, as noted in their private style/writing counsel.

The reason why is that such activity quickly turns sour and can lead to disaster, Rehoboam-wise.

I think they may be getting close to the line here, as their frustration builds.

metatron

• moshe
    moshe

The JWs are angry about becoming so old and still no New System, so providing them a target to redirect their anger to, is OK by JWs.

• Quandry
    Quandry

They are angry because they feel their controlling grip loosening, and some of the "flock" is slipping away.

Just as in the Wizard of Oz movie, the on-screen wizard began really blustering when Dorothy's little dog Toto pulled the curtain back to reveal a man at the controls.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Why not just say, "brothers, we have no clue and therfore no clue about anything that has been taught"

Cardinal sin. You are admitting Jehovah is a twit and has no power and that Satan can infiltrate at any time. Such supernatural drama keeps some people going. They are heroes when they make their own plastic Jehovah-rear-window-jiggy-hula-doll trinket the full meaning of their lives. Living by invisible scenarios. Tribal dreams.

Randy

• Ding
    Ding

Randy,

In what sense would they be saying Jehovah is a twit?

Wouldn't they rather be saying that they themselves are the twits?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They speak for Jehovah. They are Jehovah's Organization on earth. They have drummed it into the flock for more than a century that EVERYTHING ANY JW does reflects on Jehovah HIMSELF. You can't just turn off that conditioning. When the Borg looks bad, Jehovah looks bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit