How many of us have substance abuse after we've left the borg

by Star tiger 18 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

I luvs the nicotine - only vice.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Does chocolate count??

I'm now up to 100 grams a day. (Mostly Ritter Sport Expresso and Nugat. . . and a trip or two every week to the German Bakery up the street for anything dark and moist.)

Truth be told I'm a little embarrassed about it since my family noticed and asked me to cut back. And no I'm not plump. . . yet but I fit the profile for dependance....

C - Have you ever thought you should CUT DOWN on your choco consumtion?

A - Have you ever felt ANNOYED by others' criticism of your choco consumtion ?

G - Have you ever felt GUILTY about your choco consumtion ?

E - Do you have a morning EYE OPENER?

f@l

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I've been smoking pot since age 14, two years AFTER I got baptized.... it was the ONLY way to deal with life as a JW.......

Hemp is the greatest plant on this planet....it was brought here by the Gods!

"And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land." -- Ezekiel 34:29

Look what these bastards did....

The Marijuana Conspiracy- The REAL Reason Hemp is Illegal

http://www.illuminati-news.com/marijuana-conspiracy.htm

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

i admit yes i started out with a drinking problem, then i started smokin pot. the pot really helped to calm my nerves when i was stressed out over religious tensions with my family.

however recently i find myself experimenting with other illegal substances as tensions rise and the inevitable comes to realisation that i will end up losing all my immediate family...

i find i just dont care anymore,

• talesin
    talesin

ProdigalSon - I've posted this before,,, prepare to be flamed!

It's the real truth - think about it --- you can't ingest enough hemp to get stoned - why is it illegal (not marijuana, but HEMP)? Because it's a renewable,,, cheap resource for paper, clothing and many other things. It's all about $$$

back to the thread

I always drank too much --- waaay too much -- after I left the org, but it was about other abuse, not the religion. I was self-medicating - couldn't sleep all my life (since 7/8 YO) because of nightmares, flashbacks. A lot of healing work, though, and my PTSD is better. I'll never sleep properly, though, and have learned to deal with the night terrors.

Now, I drink occasionally, but don't get blitzed.

The only substance ,,, as someone else mentioned, TOBACCO (another $$$ thing that SHOULD have been banned a long time ago, but unlike hemp and weed, the government makes a LOT of bux off tobacco).

mummatron *hi, and welcome, waves* I have FM too, and my dr also prescribed maryjane - it works. I can't take the other meds they prescribe (have tried all). Also taking a hot bath or long shower in the morning REALLY helps with the pain and stiffness. And I'm sure you know,,, when in pain, keep moving! It's not like arthritis, you're not going to damage joints. Though I know, it's painful, exercise is the best thing.

tal

• burnedout
    burnedout

I used to drink A LOT just to deal with the stress of being an Elder: JC's, talks and other functions that I no longer believed in.

Now that I have successfully resigned, I am working on MY problems and not worried about how to 'counsel' or 'encourage' someone else!!!

Wow!!! I get to help me be a better Dad and husband...

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Not for me

After i left i decided in a depressed state to get drunk... downed a whole bottle of wild turkey with KFC... sick for 3 days put me off for good! Since then i rarely even have wine.

Never tempted to smoke anything at all, nor shoot up anything either.

No pain pills, anti depressants, or sleeping tablets.

Do strippers count as a substance???

oz

• man in black
    man in black

I had substance abuse when I was IN the wts.

I quit everything that was "defiling" when I started to fade away.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I've never abused substances; in fact, I took very good care of them,..

But it has nothing to do with my username :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit