Celebrating my sons 11th birthday on Sunday

by Pams girl 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I cant wait! Ive bought him lots of pressies, we collect his cake on Saturday, and are having a big family gathering.

I havent actively celebrated his birthday for the 6 years I was studying. I need to make it up to him. Im ashamed looking back that I chose to ignore his special day for so long all because some dude had his head chopped at a birthday bash thousands of years ago.

Hes an avid Star Wars fan and Halo Reach?.....so Ive splashed out about £200 for all the latest stuff and bought him a clone trooper outfit, cant wait to see his little face light up! I owe him. Big time.

Never again will JW dictate to me how I choose to show love to my children.

Onwards and upwards Paula!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

That's WONDERFUL!!! Be sure to take lots of photos and make a real fuss over him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAULA'S SON!!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

It was our daughter's 11th in March. She had some of her school freinds for a sleepover they stayed up and watched movies as well as running riot!

I am so glad we can give our kids the childhood experiences that were stolen from us as kids.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah . . . all my three son's were "born in" and never celebrated a Birthday until the oldest was 18. I still guilt trip about it frequently. Birthdays are important occasions now . . . but the childhood celebrations will never be a memory for my kids. I breathe a sigh of satisfaction to hear that Paula . . . make it a real hum-dinga!

• nugget
    nugget

Good for you Paula, I am sure this day will be all the more special for him because it has so much meaning to you all. You cannot undo past mistakes but you can make life better going forward. You had the courage to admit your mistakes and make an effort to make things better take lots of pictures this is a day he will want to remember,

• mummatron
    mummatron

Good for you! I bet he'll be bowled over by you going all out on him this year. I would wish him a Happy Birthday in Welsh but don't want to break forum rules. So wishing your little dude a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

As a born-in I don't have those memories so I make an extra effort with my son. He's still very young so he doesn't understand but he loves the attention from family and getting to eat lots of cake. As a mum I think your child's birthday holds extra significance as you remember the hard work you went through bringing them into the World, so from my point of view it's another way of expressing the loving bond between a mother and child by making them feel special.

Enjoy yourself and take lots of photos. xxx

P.S. Check your PMs.

• Tempered
  • TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Happy Birthday to you son. As a born-in we never celebrated our sons birhdays. Like sizemik I have guilt trips once in awhile over doing that. At 32 of age our oldest finally got his first brithday cake. You should have seen the smile on his face. Enjoy your special day with your son. They grow up very fast. They never will remember the gift but they will always remember the love you show to them. Great Job Mom. Totally ADD

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Awww thanks all! x I cant wait for it, my camera will be working overtime thats for sure. I cant turn the clock back but I can make sure that from here on in things are different and that JW will never get their claws into him like they did me.

Making new memories starts now......something we can all do x

(have replied Mummatron) x

CHEERS ALL

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Enjoy Paula!

I hope he is THRILLED! Im sure you will be too!

Timmy xxx hugs xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit