Is the panic button about to be officialy pushed? :D

by TimothyT 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi everyone,

Tonight I was invited out by some JW friends. I dont mind hanging out every now and then with them at all as long as they dont start bugging me about why im no longer going to meetings or on the the ministry. Anyway... guess what one of them started to do???

Thats right! I got into my car to leave and she came over and said in a VERY quiet voice, that she was VERY worried and she pleaded with me to come to the meeting tommorow night. I told her that i wouldnt be going as i have other arrangements and then she was SOOO pressurising... "Why arnt you coming anymore? Will you ever come again? Did I say something wrong? Give me a reason! Will you EVER tell me in the future?". I simply said: "Im not talking about it!". She became quite emotional. I feel she is a captive of her own beliefs. In reality nothing changes between TRUE friends.

For those of you who know me, you will appreciate my reasons: 1. Im gay and therefore dont fit in anymore, 2. I dont believe this is Gods Organisation anymore! Im no hypocrite and i have no desire to continue doing something which i dont agree with. Anyway, i wasnt prepared to open my heart at all with regards to my feelings. I dont see why i should.

So... Is this the beginning of the end? Is the panic button about to be officialy pushed? In some ways, i hope not, but in reality I WELCOME it. Im sick of the all the deception, hypocricy and lies that I feel i have been fed for so many years. Yes... Life is just beginning for me. Happiness is surrounding me... AT LAST!

Timmy :D

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Give me a reason

I say keep it simple. They ask why you aren't going, just tell them cause you don't want to. End of conversation, you need not go into your personal business.

• dgp
    dgp

I wouldn't know, but I think you and I would agree that it's best to be out, and, therefore, your concern should instead be what you're going to do after they "push the button", not "if" they will. Eventually, they will. You just need to be ready for that moment.

• Jackals
    Jackals

It's funny because they'll push this imaginary panic button and try to coerce you back..then when they find out you're gay a new panic button will be pressed and they'll be pushing you out! So bizarre! Just let them do whatever they want to do and carry on with your life :D It seems to be working for you so far

Love,

Jack x

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

why answer their questions? You're right not to spill your guts just because they want you to do so.

• umadevi
    umadevi

Im no hypocrite and i have no desire to continue doing something which i dont agree with.

You have made the decision and that's all that matters. You don't owe explanation to the JWs.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Kudos on being straight with her!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes... Life is just beginning for me. Happiness is surrounding me... AT LAST!

A true Awakening........

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Anyway, i wasnt prepared to open my heart at all with regards to my feelings. I dont see why i should.

There is no reason why you should either Tim . . . it's not unusual for JW friends to feel you OWE them an explanation . . . but you're right . . . you don't. And while it may be asked in the context of friendship . . . anything you reveal would get straight back to the congregation. I've known very few JW's who can keep a confidence.

You're enjoying the feelings of liberation . . . now you can spend the rest of your life enjoying the fruitage of it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just before I became highly visible on the Radar, a close JW friend had a similar conversation with me. I know it was reported back to the elders, and I am sure that they started their investigations from that point.

Timothy knowing your situation, I'm sure like nugget and I, being DF'd, although not ideal, is not a major concern. It is still a form a bullying and is emotionally draining, so if you ever need to vent please feel free to PM us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit