I have just left my parents home and the JW's about six months ago and have found it hard to get over.

by StephanieH 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome, and welcome to Velour too!

You are a survivor (although at times you may not feel it) but you WILL get through this. Life isn't fair sometimes but it gives us experience beyond words.

Give it time and you will come out stronger in the end.

Hang in there!!

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome Stephanie.

Even though you were undoubtably scared, it seems you have already taken many difficult and necessary decisions. You are very brave. Do you realize that?

You haven't seen your mother for a long time. Do you think you would like to find her? Would that do you both good?

Its true, that our never JW parteners cannot pĂ´ssibly fully understand what its like for us. Does your partener read this forum? That might help her understand that there are thousands of people who have the same trauma as you .

Things can and will get better. Good luck for your future.

• chickpea
  • dogisgod
    dogisgod

WOW...you ROCK!!!! I would have NEVER had the nerve you did. Close the door on them and lock it. You are on your way to a great life. Lots of love and support to you!

• sizemik
    sizemik

A warm welcome to you Stephanie . . .

You have come to a good place. We're mostly XJW's here and understand the JW World. Our experiences differ but we do understand the one thing we have in common . . . that the JW religion is a VERY DAMAGING CULT. Nobody gets out without some suffering and pain. In my many years in the cult I encountered a few young ones who sadly, did not make it. You are indeed strong and very brave as others have said. Use the advice that best suits your needs . . . and don't be afraid to ask specific questions along the way. There are many here who will speak from experience and offer good advice . . . so stick around.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Welcome to the group, Stephanie. You are a brave, strong woman. I commend you. You are a fighter, a survivor. You took that first step of breaking away from toxic association (family, organization etc) and no longer have to squeeze yourself into their mould. You no longer need their permission/approval/forgiveness for being you.

Now you can be you.

• moshe
    moshe

Life is not easy for Jws who quit- good luck.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Welcome, you just arrive to Paradise..... well the closest you could get. This site will give you much more insight. Many perspectives.... and you can say everything... almost everything.... but at least is not that bad as in the KH :-)

Dont feel guilty.... let go of that... Go have fun with your girlfriends you dont have to confess it to anyone. ITS YOUR LIFE. and no one else's

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, you've been through a lot in the last six months. Kudos to you for moving on, and getting a restraining order against the pushy elder and your father. Give yourself time to grow in to your new life and build a new, safe network of friends.

It's like you've given birth to a new life, fully yours.

Consider a young mother having just delivered a baby. It's a very joyous time but exhausting, too. This is often when post-partum depression strikes, when emotions are high and energy is low.

Give yourself the freedom to recover, and get help when you need it.

• imasheilatoo
    imasheilatoo

Stephanie, it takes a while to get over the guilt the JWs ground into you, but you will get over it and life will be good and full. I think you have shown a great deal of courage in leaving, and in coming out for who you are. Remember that you did not leave your family; they left you. A true and loving family would support you and stand by you no matter if your beliefs did not coincide with theirs. Pity them for their loss of you. Stay on your path of taking care of yourself mentally. If you are depressed, keep seeking help. And definitely find others who will love you and support you. One day any feelings of guilt or sorrow will be gone, and you will find yourself in a life well worth living. It will happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit