New Release on Blood at AJWRB

by Lee Elder 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

New Release on Blood at AJWRB

Associated Jehovah’s Witnesses for Reform on Blood has published a new press release informing the public and medical care providers of a product that could mean the difference between life and death for Witness patients suffering from various conditions with either a primary or secondary bleeding disorder.

This press release is available on the front page of our Association’s web site. Please help us by downloading this release and sharing it with as many as possible. Our web site address is http://ajwrb.org

Lee Elder

Director

Associated Jehovah’s Witnesses for Reform on Blood.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Screenshot of the text of the release:

PDF of the release: http://www.ajwrb.org/newsmedia/AJWRB_Press_Release_110606.pdf

• dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

another nail in their coffins!

Randy

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Lee,

Thank you so much. I wonder when we can get this in writing from the Branch? This means that there are 7 million DPA's that need to updated with new definitions.

How can the Watchtower maintain a written position that Witnesses do not accept Plasma while orally giving direction that 90-95% of Plasma is acceptable? It is immoral and nonsensical. Every new development like this proves that the men who are massaging this doctrine around acknowledge that the doctrinal stance taken on blood transfusions is not correct.

It is like stating that Witnesses are vegetarians, but we allow them to eat fish, chicken, pork, everything but beef. Beef hotdogs are also acceptable as long as there is less than 100% beef.

If you are a lurker or a poster who currently serves on a HLC please enlighten the rest of us on what this new change means and when the rest of the Witness community will be able to see the change in writing.

SIAM

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

so are you guys saying that the watchtower doesnt tell its members that this is an ok fraction to take? you would think an organization that enforces deadly docterine on its people would at least be clear on what they can and cannot take. its shockingly disgusting to think that there are people who have died over this one fraction who in hindsite could have actually taken it since its approved as "for a christian to decide". but maybe i dont have all my facts straight, i hope im wrong.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

yourmomma: Please have a look at this page, detailing countless Watchtower flip-flips on blood. Keep in mind, that these were sometimes life-saving treatments.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/blood.html

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

What is remarkable is that older, hard-core Witnesses will dismiss it out of hand. There are many who have not moved off the original position adopted by the Watchtower decades ago. Conscience matter or not, there's no way they'll take anything made from blood, period. Such is the depth of penetration of the original indoctrination.

• undercover
    undercover

I found this definition that helped me to understand the product a little better:

Cryosupernatant is the product that remains when Fresh Frozen Plasma is processed to make cryoprecipitate. It contains plasma proteins and all of the other clotting factors (including II, VII, IX, and X). It can be used for all of the same indications as FFP except for Hemophilia A and von Willebrand’s disease. It is particularly useful for coagulopathies such as warfarin poisoning and Hemophilia B (Factor IX deficiency).

Technically speaking, I guess it is a "fraction" of the whole plasma, even though it retains a lot, if not most, of the properties that make it plasma. But at the same time, it's splitting hairs on the WTS' part as to what is allowed and what is not allowed.

What is remarkable is that older, hard-core Witnesses will dismiss it out of hand. There are many who have not moved off the original position adopted by the Watchtower decades ago. Conscience matter or not, there's no way they'll take anything made from blood, period. Such is the depth of penetration of the original indoctrination.

I experienced this first hand with a die-hard uber-dub family member. They asked me if I had an issue witnessing their signing their blood directive. I said 'no problem' but asked about their refusing any of the "christian to decide" factors. I pointed out that the WTS was now allowing the "christian to decide" on many of the fractions and derivitives of blood, but they were adamant that it was still wrong even if the WTS said it was personal choice.

• yknot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit