Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 06-05-2011 WT Study (SERIOUSNESS)

by blondie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

People tell me I am too 'serious'. I know it. I call it 'solemn'. Something that never crossed my mind, is that the WTS had a lot to do with it. Your review got me thinking ....

Seriously studying every day,,, seriously worrying that I was perfect all the time,,, seriously afraid of torture,,, and how much fun did we have? My mom and I used to have some silly fun on 'girls out' days, and playing cards. But once I was DF,,, well, J*h took all that away.

Seriously, more good stuff for me to think about --- once you know why you are who you are, you can change.

Thanks, Blondie, for more insight.

t

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

The mention of fathers being ridiculed and disrespected by the entertainment industry was a classic case of the WT not following their own advice on seriousness. I'm tempted to write a letter to them in Bethel just to say, "you're not supposed to take television sitcoms seriously idiots!!" The WT using the entertainment industry's depiction of fathers in comedy sitcoms as detrimental to our views of the family head, is the equivalent of Godzilla being detrimental to the views of pet lovers who own lizards. Ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit