Kindly reply to PHILADELPHIA PONOS

by jean-luc picard 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

PP, I have been reading up your previous threads. On one you say:

It's getting to the point where I'm constantly having violent fanstacies about hurting them and recently I actually considered buying a gun. Before this job I was non-violent but they are starting to push me to a dark place. I've concluded that I need to be in an environment where I can get comfort from the Bible and associate with people who aren't worldly.

I can now better understand your attacks on JWN.

You do need help. I'm not sure that the JWs are the best choice, but in anycase I wish you well and hope you will feel better in yourself.

Good luck on the road ahead. It will not be an easy one.

• jean-luc picard
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What kind of work does he do?

I don't think a website like this is helpful for people with serious issues. Outside intervention is needed.

• Curtains
    Curtains

many people benefit form being amongst Jehovahs witnesses. Go back if it takes you to a peaceful place philadelphia ponos. And whilst there also get some professional help if you think you need to sort out the thoughts that seem to be indicatng you need to harm someone. (I am assuming that philadelphia has been sharing these thoughts on the thread where he expressed that he wished to go back to Jehovahs witnesses).

In our congregation we have many families who are benefitting from being there. Imo and from what I have investigated there are not many places like jehovahs witnesses congregations for being in a highly regulated environment that can keep a person in a peaceful safe condition (especially if this is what they have experienced from them in the past) and if this is what they are after.

• eruption
    eruption

Hey JLP, PHILLY got a bit on a Doing last night, got a bit of flack myself because I was supporting Him, I happened to agree with him,( which helps). I remember being supportive of him in his work situation when he posted on that topic, Im afraid He probably felt like General Custer, last night, lets just say it was a challenging atmosphere. It was a , STEP BACK AND LIGHT THE BLUE PAPER topic, and thats how it turned out.

Its a difficult one, because I genuinley think he was taken aback at some of the responses, It made Me feel very aggresive toward some of the posters comments, but sometimes ,if your going to dish it out you have got to be able to take it . Who knows maybey last night, for him, was the straw that broke the camels back ?

Its helpfull that you to bring the possible underlying issues out here, I hope PP reconsiders because if he leaves because of this its really a collective failure on all of us. I think in many ways im at opposite ends of the spectrum with PP, Im natrually aggresive and more than willing to fight my corner, but I wouldnt let any remarks from an annonimous EX JW living half way round the world drive me from here, I hope PP reads some of this stuff, and thanks again JLP for bring this to our attention, Brendan

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I disagree.

If you have such violent inclinations as you indicated in the c&p above, the ONLY place for you is in the couch of a trained mental health professional. Until you get a handle on your inclinations, everyone about you might be in danger.

As much as I detest the RELIGION of Jw's, I don't wish any ill upon them personally. And wishing your presence there would be tantamount to wishing them ill. I would hate to hear of a massacre among those people because of you. On the other hand, perhaps the post quoted above was just your attempt to get attention - but making such threats on an international forum is scary! Either way you need some professional help, and you need it now. Please attend to this before you and others regret it deeply. It is only a matter of time before you erupt into violence, if you are unable to handle the stress of others around you, even your 'brothers'.

A guy I used to know used to say: "There is always much truth in jest." The fact that you are saying out loud your desires to kill a bunch of people because they have somehow offended you by being people is terrifying. You seek to blame your co-workers for 'pushing you into a dark place', but it is far more likely that you have been in a dark place for a long time unknowingly. Violent day-dreaming is not healthy or normal. Life is full of people who will 'push you into a dark place' if you are not equipped to handle the test of life.

PLEASE SEEK HELP. Do not cross Go, Do not collect $200. You should not be around other people.

Jeff

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't think it's in any way a collective failure. He was agressive towards many, self righteous and preaching about their hypocrisy, people he had never met. Rather than a collective failure, think of it more as a collective lesson, you can call it "What happens when you are an asshole to people that aren't sheep".

He may have learned his lesson. You reap what you sow.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thanks to JLP for being conscientous enough to find and post this. In the light of the OP . . . AK Jeff is spot on.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I agree totally AK-Jeff.

Unfortunately, I don't think PP is likely to read your post.

I started this thread because I wanted to succinctly show that PP has a problem: a very serious problem.

In his thread he hoped that others would avoid JWN.

I wish to show that PPs point of view needs to be taken in the light of his own strong feelings, and do not necessarily reflect the truth.

I do hope that he seeks out the help that you suggest.

• sizemik
    sizemik

A very confused and angry young man it would seem . . . it's probably not unfair to suggest it largely stems from his involvement as a JW. I encountered a number of young ones who developed an unusual and unanticipated reaction to their growing confusion . . . 3 of them never made it into adulthood.

I honestly hope he does seek the proper help rather than going back inside the fire. If he does read this thread . . . please do it PP . . . many here (including myself) have needed and sought professional help . . . it's not weak . . . it's wise. You will still retain your freedom to choose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit