Hello, I am New Here

by Boolshooy 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    Jerusalem Bible has some Catholic bias. More popular, credible versions include NASB, NIV, ESV, NKJV, etc.

Not that you're biased, eh, Godrulz?

Greetings, make the most of your stay.

• Boolshooy
    Boolshooy

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have several Bible translations and I enjoy comparing them. You just ave to be careful that the translators don't take poetic license in their rendering of the verse. I like to cross check with Hebrew and Greek lexicons or interlinear Bibles.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

• glentrevette
    glentrevette

i encourage you to listen and watch the new dvd just released at the 2011 district assembly

• godrulz
    godrulz

What is the gist of it?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

• Mat
    Mat

Hello Booshooy, if you are in to different translations you might like this web site:

http://www.biblegateway.com/

You can compair a large number of translations. Alas, it does nto have the NWT ;-D Still, if you are considering alternative views on the bible try reading a good book on the skeptical outlook. A book I reccomend is the Jessu Mysteries-

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Mysteries-Was-Original-Pagan/dp/0609807986/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307623461&sr=8-1

You don't have to agree with it, but at least understand why other people don't belieave. It's not all because they all want to sin. It helped me anyway. All the best.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

To godrulz and Chariklo.

I love the Jerusalem Bible - especially the study edition. Most people know it's a Catholic translation and they'll bear that in mind as they read it. I also use the NWT (the one I was raised on and 'think' in) and I like the NIV too, despite its known problems. All versions and translations have their issues and biases - that's why it's good to cross-check and compare like Boolshooy said.

And WELCOME, Boolshooy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit