Hello, I am New Here

by Boolshooy 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Boolshooy
    Boolshooy

Hello to all,

I have just joined this discussion board. I have been reading it for some time and have been enjoying the insightful posts here. I grew up in the organization and had been very active. I have faded now but I am striving hard to grow in my personal Bible study and my relationship with Christ Jesus. I hope that any of my future post will be as encouraging and insightful as many of your have. Thank You. Num. 6:24-26

Boolshooy

• prophecor
    prophecor

Welcome Boolshoy. May your stay here be a pleasant one.

Art

• godrulz
    godrulz

It is good to see someone who was burned by a cult is still open to the Bible and finding a true relationship with the real Jesus. This is the best course of action, but does take time for some people. What are some of your new views or are they still WT ones, just separated from submitting to an organization? Which version do you use (I would encourage you to abandon the sectarian NWT).

• prophecor
    prophecor

NWT is a bit hard to digest, yes. I actually found acceptance for the traditional King James, NKJV as well as others. It's good you wish to continue to pursue your relationship with God. He can still be found. Even apart from the KH.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum, Boolshooy.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Chris

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome to the board!

One thing I enjoyed doing once I stopped being a JW, but was still [bible] studying, was discovering what other religions taught. Not because I was wanting something different, but rather have always been curious - a born student, so to speak. There was a small book I read, comparing the basic principles of the major religions (long time ago, but I'm thinking Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism), and the similarities blew me away. Things like the concepts of heaven and hell, the golden rule, and many others are common themes. Fascinating, Captain!

It's one of the headiest things about your new-found freedom. You can read anything you want, now. any-thing! :)

Enjoy!

talesin

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi Boolshooy,

Great to see another person on here who wants to grow in their relationship with Christ....Welcome

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello and welcome!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hi and welcome! . . . hope your stay here is as beneficial as it has been for me. Look forward to hearing fron you.

• kimbo
    kimbo

hi and welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit