1 year since my last meeting!

by Alfred 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

I just realized that today marks my first year since attending a meeting at the KH... I really wanted to celebrate this day but it just creeped up and its kinda late now... I guess I'll celebrate tomorrow night instead.

But I wanted to log in to thank everyone who has helped me with their valuable insight and perspective... I came to this site with a typical judgemental JW mentality and now I can say I'm completely rid of all that... I now value everyone's opinions and talk more freely with people I used to consider "worldly"... what a completely freeing experience!

The hardest part of my exit from the cult was convincing my wife... that took about 6 months and I nearly gave up... thank God she eventually woke up.

Also, in the past year I've read...

• Gentile Times Reconsidered
    • Combatting Mind Control
    • Crisis of Conscience*
    • In Search of Christian Freedom
    • Apocalypse Delayed*
    • 3 books out of the 7 "Studies in the Scriptures"
    • 5 Rutherford books

*I met 2 of the people mentioned in Crisis of Conscience and Apocalypse Delayed and had dinner with them recently... hoping to build that relationship further.

I've also sent about 26 emails to several elders on a variety of subjects and 6 letters to the Brooklyn and I'm still not DA's or DF'd! (I think). None of these emails or letters changed anything but it helped me purge...

I could go on and on but it's the same story you've probably read a thousand times already.

Anyway, if it wasn't for all the support and encouragement I received on this site (as well as Randy's site and Barbara's site), I wouldn't be where I am today.

So a BIG THANK YOU to you all!!!

Alfred

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Congrats! Good for you.

It's been almost 3 years for me.

• Dune
    Dune

Awesome, congrats. It'll be 5 years for me in a few months.

• Dune
    Dune

Awesome, congrats. It'll be 5 years for me in a few months.

• JWJunky
    JWJunky

It will be 6 years for me:) Toast 2 You!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Have a drink on me.

• LittleMac
    LittleMac

Wow, that's great Alfred. Just curious, what made you finally delve into the 'apostate' world?

Also, it is 1 yr. for me since me and my family since we last went in 'service', I'm now proud to say.

I began reading Apocalypse Delayed on google books about a year and half ago and couldn't stop reading it. I found it to be absolutely fascinating and well written. I would literally shake as I read it. I mean I never allowed myself to go near anything other than Jw.org. But long story short, my parents let me in on their shared secret, that the org was not what we thought for my ENTIRE life and now all bets were off.

Good luck to you and your new endeavors!

• d
    d

Good, it has about 3 yrs for me it feels good my last meeting was 2008 and I have not stepped into a hall since.

• clarity
    clarity

Congrats Alfie ... it takes a lot of digging and gasping in disbelief ... till the eyes finally open! It's so amazing to see where you're going!

c

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Congratulations!

Reading those books was a great decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit