Aug.1 WT: God is not omnipresent, independent of physical universe, uses probes

by unshackled 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

UC:

You are probably right and I think the human race is in trouble if such a God is responsible for "saving" them.

If God is not "all powerful" then where the hell else could mankind turn to? Certainly not the governing body. (I am saying this sarcastically).

• unshackled
    unshackled
    Too bad their version isn't supported by scripture. Thing is...God never told Noah to preach.

Well UC, my JW indoctrination is showing. All these years the WTBS has been stating Noah preached, or warned others, and it doesn't even say that in the bible? Wow.

This is from the new Listen to God brochure...

Side question: Noah's scaffolding is made of bamboo. Does that grow naturally in the what was the bible lands...near the Black Sea?

• Mary
    Mary
    Another one....how did Jehovah go about inpregnating Mary without entering our physical universe? And was that the first ever, and only, interdimensional booty call?

OK, I forgot to take The Pill one night..........there-----are ya happy???

• unshackled
    unshackled

LOL Mary! So you're to blame.

• Terry
    Terry

Watchtower parsing.

A speciality.

Poke your nose in and pull things out.

Interpret.

Magnify your interpretation.

Pretend you KNOW.

It only changes when they are proved wrong.

Gee, I guess it happens alot.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Wow, that noah's ark thing blows my mind. It's so blatant. I just went and read Genesis 6 and 7 and at NO POINT does god tell noah to warn anybody. Amazing what JW brain washing can do. I must've read the beginning of genesis a hundred times while I was on the inside and not once did I notice that God never told noah to warn anybody, but if you asked me if that the bible said that I would've said yes. Crazy.

On another note, the WT's attempts at intellectualism are always amusing/horrifying/disgustingly bad. As dumb as the old school used to be, the new school has absolutely zero background in any intellectual pursuit. They got to the top by being blindly obedient, not theologically intellectual. All these philosophical questions there are volumes and volumes written on by great thinkers of the past. Then some really badly educated guys take themselves to be importants mediums to understanding the nature of god so they come up with crap like "God isn't omniscient, it's just that like, he's in heaven in his like throne, but he's shoots out like these spirit probes that go to the place and see what's happening, and then the spirit probes come back and tell god what is happening, so like he knows what's going on. But that's not a problem for free will, because like you know, you can do whatever, he might not use his spirit probes to go to the future, but sometimes he does, and he could, but he doesn't or didn't and that's why you have free will." And somewhere Aquinas is crying.

The other topic on how they talked about how things like historical criticism, or textual criticism are just evidence that scholars are always critical of the bible. I mean WTF, and I guess movie critics just really don't like movies. Damn they're stupid. They wanted a generation that wouldn't think for themself or get an education, and they got just that, and now they're in charge.

• unshackled
    unshackled
    Wow, that noah's ark thing blows my mind. It's so blatant. I just went and read Genesis 6 and 7 and at NO POINT does god tell noah to warn anybody.

Same here, JonH...crazy isn't it? I threw out all my WT publications out, but for some reason held onto the NWT bible. So after undercover pointed this out, I dug it out and blew the dust off of it and read the entire section in Genesis. Nothing! Couldn't believe it.

Noah warning everyone of impending doom and the parallels to our day is such a major theme of WT doctrine. And yet, they completely made it up! Seems there is no end to discovering the extent of their lies.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Come on, cut them some slack! We all know that Watchtower god is a stripped down economy model compared to Bible God. There is a reason for this, just as there is a reason for Watchtower Noah to preach as an example for modern JWs to preach.

Those "celebrated scholars" may not be bright, but they are cunning when it comes to manipulating people. They have stripped Watchtower Jesus of his deity, powers, and role in salvation so that the governing body has made a hostile takeover of the Jesus role. It has worked well, but that taste of power has not satisfied them. In this article they are starting to do the same thing with the Big Guy himself. They are downgrading his powers, and while they will keep him around as a name and title, functionally he will be sidelined as the governing body assumes more and more of his power and authority.

From the outside this looks like stupidly poor scholarship. From the inside, this is a brilliant work of cunning that will give them even more power over the R&F.

watchtower keeps god in a box

• jay88
    jay88

Perhaps WT uses 1Peter 3:20 and Mattew 24:37,38 to assume that Noah was on a preaching campaign.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

@ jay88

Neither of those scriptures say or imply anything about warning people either. One says god waited patiently while noah built the ark, the other says people were eating and drinkin until noah boarded the ark. Neither account says they ignored Noah, or that God told noah to do anything, or that noah did anything other than build an ark and then get on it. The society just blatantly made it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit