just listened to the talk including counsel on social networking

by therevealer 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Internet causes fornication? Seems it didn't work for me--any more than the "evil disco that causes fornication" did when they printed that rag in 1983. (And I never had a warning "in time" for that one--I wasn't even in the cancer in 1983 when that stupidity came out. Also, I got something like 600 disco records--no fornication.)

Now, if they claim "evil disco results in fornication", and I got more than 600 disco songs hoping to have it lead to fornication only to have it not work, I don't put any stock in their claim that the Internet will lead to fornication any more than the "evil disco" did.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    The news about the deletion of elders just so the Society can take over the KH (Menlo Park) is out there

what's this about?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

.......if they only knew how many of their young people are "fornicating wildly"........without the use of facebook.

• therevealer
    therevealer

...........do you mean if they only admitted how many

• ssn587
    ssn587

desperately searching for the fornicate wildly button, it just isn't there just like the non-presence of holy spirit in the selection of elders.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Letter writing "mail", talking to people "telephone", ads in newspapers, 900 numbers on TV. All could cause fornication. Now social networking on facebook. Are they going to try to stop all of that. How about dating? I have seen that cause alot of fornication. Field service has caused fornication. Going to meetings has caused fornication. D.C. and C.A. has caused fornication. I think they better stop all of that and everybody should become hermits. How weak minded is everybody? It goes to show you the WT is more concerned about fornicaiton in the congregation than showing love to one another. Totally ADD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In a former congregation, the Service Overseer banged a pioneer sister. In my present congregation it has happened twice that a sister met some guy in FS and a couple months later they were married and expecting.

It's reasonable to conclude that engaging in field service leads to illicit sex relations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit