David Splane information anyone?

by VM44 20 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

That he would step out after 35 and claim an annointed status and then end up on the body, well I don't know how to take that. Unless he turns out to be the big toe. Yes I know that they say the toes are insignificant, now, but this could change. If this took place it would become obvious that Jah was waiting to speak to his spirit regarding this annointing cuz the time was not ready sooner. Is it not amazing what wonderfull things the gb give us the plain, simple, undeserving rank and file.

• designs
    designs

We are blessed.......

• scotoma
    scotoma

What do you really need to know about men who think certain words bouncing out of the Bible means Jehovah has chosen them.

Originally, all JW's believed they were annointed so there was no need for some extraordinary confirmatory evidence. Going back to the early Christians they believed ecstatic word play was God's spirit providing an external witness to their calling. But, this was twisted after 1935 so that JW's could have a private experience that they felt confirmed their ordination. That's really a person's internal experience combining with a halucination that they are God's children.

So, while Christians who believe in speaking in tongues may be experiencing a socially induced insanity, JW's who rely on some ambiguous feeling are quite probably really organically nuts. These men have gone through some delusional process where they firmly believe that they are "special". And it's been described as "words standing out as applying personally to them". This kind of person that is completely driven by feeling and auditory halucination can carry out the most outlandish acts. Think of Jim Jones, David Koresh, or George W. Bush. Yes, you probably forgot George Bush believed he was called by God.

Splane reminds me of Govenor Walker of Wisconsin. Splane never impressed me as charismatic. He kind of has a sickening, syrupy approach that is more condescending than loving. Yeah, he says things like "The Governing Body want all of you to know that they love you very much". Does an audience that is dedicated to Jehovah and already believe they are experiencing divine love really need to hear that a mutual admiration society of self appointed princes cares about them. Yuk. That kind of charisma disolves easily in cold water.

• heathen
    heathen

He could impress me with some accurate prophesy instead of all that back and forth nonsense that amounts to leaning on ones own opinion or understanding . I'm not impressed with the stand they are not spirit inspired nor a bunch of stuffed shirts and straw men representing a book publishing corporation.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He went through Gilead "school" and went to Senegal. I think he worked mostly at the branch there. He married Linda and they served in the French Canada Circuit and District work. I couldn't say when he started partaking, but that was the particular qualification that got him into the Service Department at Patterson and then promoted to GB.

He's a good speaker by JW standards. Has some interesting stories that he can insert in an otherwise threadbare outline. If he wasn't of the drinking and sipping class, he'd just be a so-so circuit overseer.

In my personal experience, I found that he could be manipulative. I'm sure he would defend that he didn't "lie" to me... he simply told me an "untruth". Either way, I never trusted him after that.

• sherah
    sherah

BTX - Does his wife partake of the emblems?

• VM44
    VM44

Billy,

What "untruth" did Splane tell?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

No, Linda is not of the nibbling and sipping class.

• pirata
    pirata

David Splane at a 2010 District Convention. I was a bit dissapointed at a few misleading statements:

1) Referred to "Rutherford, A prominent member of the Governing Body". This was misleading because there was no concept of a Governing Body in Rutherford's time, and the Board of directors did not make any doctrinal decisions. Rutherford wasn't into committees, he sacked the Watchtower editorial committee (starting 1925), sacked the democratically elected bodies of elders, and setup a hierarchy which he called a "theocracy" (1938).

2) Stated that the new creation brochures use their quotes honestly. Some of the quotes are still contextually innacurate, but there is a little footnote by the quotes that the person being quoted believes in evolution. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe they really don't know how to use a reference accurately.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Most sociopaths and psychopaths have vast stores of charisma. In fact, that's why you can't tell them apart from 'normal' society. They *know* they have to fit in, or the jig is up. They're masters at fitting in and not looking crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit