names of 144000 to be read in paradise?

by agent zero 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agent zero
    agent zero

first day back at work after attending the DC. the one with 12 baptized (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/211447/1/Great-Crowd-of-12-people-get-baptised-at-District-Convention)

I must have been dozing off during the part in question, but after the sessions someone told me that in the question and answer segment with the speaker from bethel, they said that there have been anointed ones all throughout history, and that in the new world their names will be read from a list. apparently the "back-up" for this is that we know the names of the apostles that were anointed and they can serve as an example, so the same is true of them.. or something to that effect, the rest of the explanation (from the person telling me) was drowned out by "isn't that amazing!" and "and he said it's for sure, not even maybe!".. and i stopped listening. did anyone hear that too, or know more about it?

• blondie
    blondie

I've heard that before too. That way jws will know who were "real" or "genuine" anointed.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Why does it matter who was real or not? Petty stuff to be holding onto after you made it to the new system I think.

• undercover
    undercover
    they said that there have been anointed ones all throughout history, and that in the new world their names will be read from a list.

um... sorta like a roll call for people who aren't there? If it's the new system, then the Great Crowd will be there. The annointed will be up on a cloud with Jesus somewhere.

It's bad enough memorizing the 12 apostles... do you think they'll have to memorize all 144,000 members?

And how many annointed does anyone really know? I knew one. Can you imagine sitting there for all that time while they read off names until they get to someone you actually knew?

Speaking of annointed. I heard through the grapevine that several people partook at the local memorial this year. Not apostates looking to tweak the numbers or be silly. These were hardcore dubs of many years, who all of a sudden this year felt that they were now of the annointed and thus partook. Caused quite a stir in one area that I know of.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Has it occurred to everybody that this would take over 200 HOURS? (providing it took no more than 5 seconds to name each one and that no breaks were taken) -

144,000 * 5 seconds = 720,000 seconds; 720,000 seconds / 3600 seconds per hour = 200 hours plus. Over 30 days, assuming a solid 6 hours a day.

And you thought those 8 day marathons were butt burners...

• undercover
    undercover

Yea, but you got a thousand years to kill...

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

It would be so awesome to watch the Governing Body, standing in line between velvet ropes, while an angel is reading the list. They shove to the front and demand they're on the list. The angel shuffles some pages, looks up and says "Nope. Step aside, please."

Of course, the GB members would demand to speak to God (Since they've already decided they're equal to Jesus, they wouldn't stoop to speaking to him). The angel mutters into his cuff, then says "He'll be right down."

God comes with a huge book, glances at the angel's list, then opens the book. The GB guys see the book says "Book of Life" on it and start looking at each other. God looks up at them and says, "Here's the problem. You're not on the VIP list, because you're not even on the master list. I'm so glad you guys brought this to my attention. Hey, Michael! You have your flaming sword on you?"

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My wife told me that this was mentioned at this years district convention. Basically the 144,000 will be at the same level of Abraham, Moses, David, and others mentioned in the Scriptures for our benefit.

• heathen
    heathen

WHat if they had one of those funny names like weiner ...........LOL

• james_woods
    james_woods

Basically the 144,000 will be at the same level of Abraham, Moses, David, and others mentioned in the Scriptures for our benefit.

ALL of them??? I knew some of the JW "144,000" that dated back to the real 1930s and that is an incredibly arrogant statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit