We are all dirt

by StopTheTears 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think STT and Alice/Maze are sisters or some sort of sibling combo. ;-D

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    I have horrible self -esteem and dn't know how to get rid of pride and be humble but with good self esteem. I often find this to be even worse discouragement. I don't put you down or criticize ...i guess just speak my thoughts.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble connecting this post to this thread. Where did you speak your thoughts, and what is it you find to be discouragement?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes, but did you know that dirt, rocks, magma, the elements other than hydrogen, were all forged in the hearts of dying stars? Far from simple, dirt, water, the air is all starstuff. We are the universe having become aware of itself.

• Voices
    Voices

It just reminded me of the unresolved questions and turmoil that I hve about those issues.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You mean like the OP calling us all (you) dirt?

Dirt has no feelings, conscience, or reasoning ability, we are not dirt.

• chickpea
    chickpea

give star dust the credit and i am all in.....amen

• ballistic
    ballistic

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you believe, we are either all the children of God or all the amazing product of star dust and the form the collective conciousness of the universe, so why can't we all celebrate and get along in peace.

• talesin
    talesin

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you believe, we are either all the children of God or all the amazing product of star dust and the form the collective conciousness of the universe, so why can't we all celebrate and get along in peace.

• dgp
    dgp

I have a question, and this is not for making fun.

If you put together all the chemical elements that come into the composition of this "dirt" that we are, and, would you have the same result? Clearly there is more to us than our physical components.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Absolutely dgp, we are more than the sum of our parts, just as most things are. A simple amoeba is an amazing thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit