I was at the SM last night.....

by VioletAnai 18 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD
    UMMMMMM am I the only one who wonders how a drunk old man can get a stiffy and get raped?

I've always had a hard time believing that any man could get intoxicated to the point where he wouldn't know he was doing it with his own daughters and still be able to "function."

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

All of those "women who screwed relatives and were deemed righteous" stories are totally twisted. Which is why, slowly, I'm becoming an athiest. A God who would kill you for smoking, but blesses for incest. ?????????????????????????????????

ashi

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Barbaric as it sounds by our lofty modern-day standards, VioletAnai, the girls were doing what they had to. Coarse as it sounds, what else can be said? There were no men available to provide offspring to allow the nation to survive, as you subsequently pointed out. Indeed, "desperate times call for desperate measures" according to the old cliche.

"Had" to do? "Desperate"? "Survival"? They had just gotten out! What's the big, stinkin' rush? They couldn't wait a week or two and find suitable mates?

Sorry, the story is too ludicrous to be believable. It seems more like a story invented to make the Moabites and Ammonites look bad. Maybe the Moablites had a written history claiming Israel came from an incestuous beginning.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Damn, feels good to be an apostate!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<No theologic concerns at all>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Jackson
    Jackson

Just another example of old men spinning lies for us to laugh about today.

• mommy
    mommy

VioletAnai,

We could turn it into a s&m topic if you wish. I'm flexible.

Uh oh, you might have already done that
    I am eating some vanilla ice cream trying to stay on topic

Derrick,
    You missed her question, I will quote it for you to make it a bit easier

My question is: If Jah has the skill of foresight, wouldn't he have anticipated these girls actions.
    Let's just forget about the girls for a sec, due to the fact that you think it is okay to drug(using wine in this case) your own father and have sex with him. What about Lot's wife? If god was able to judge, which he judged all of the men, woman, and children of S&G. How could he not see that she was not righteous? She didn't even make it to the hills did she? So now I put another question out, if he judged her wrong, is it possible he judged some wrong in the cities?

I will let Seeker's points stand on the "desperate times" those poor girls were in worrying about their seeds. He did a bang up job of rebutting that.

In closing, one really appreciates the patience and loving-kindness of Jehovah over his people in the dark ages of human history, when reading these accounts and observing Jehovah's actions in response
    Barf, gag, choke, sputter I swear I saw you in a three piece standing behind the podium. Course I was staring at your shoes so as not to LOL at the insanity of that remark. This story does nothing but reinforce how arbitrary god's laws are.

Kep,

Just as Abraham and Sarah waited for such a long time before producing their own offspring
    Need I remind you that it was god who promised abraham a multitude of children, how many times? How much conflict was in that house due to god not fulfilling his promise?And what was Sarah's reaction when told she would be blessed with a child?
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Damn me, damn my mouth.

Oh yeah I forgot that Sarah laughed her frigging head off when told she'd give birth at 90 odd years of age. And what was God's response: "Why is she laughing at me?" Shouldn't he have already bin aware that she would have thought it ludicrous at her wise old age. Afterall nothing is hidden from him.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Just one question. Who was on top, the Drunk or the the Slut?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Lot would have been disfellowshipped for immorality today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit