Star Chamber Tactics by the Governing Body (related to Merriman/May)

by Dogpatch 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

hi Jeff, you have a PM.

Randy

• Giordano
    Giordano

The GB blessed with god's spirit or just crazy old coots.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Your post brought back a lot of memories of reading Crisis of Conscience (otherwise known as 'the point of no return') about two years ago. I remember listening to a recording of John May's talk recounting his experience of trying to meet with the Governing Body. I remember the sick feeling I got when I started to realize that I knew all along. Raymond Franz bravely put into words what I had been thinking all along but never had the bird's-eye view to fully see and express. I knew from reading the Bible just how different the original Christianity was from what the Witnesses were doing.

I remembered my mom saying that the 'Aid' book was 'written by an apostate'. It's sad that that's all she'll ever know or believe about that. I think it should have occurred to me that no one with the capacity to research at that level would simply become an 'apostate' for no reason or for reasons of "presumptuousness".

I realized in my own judicial committee that the elders, in imitation of the Governing Body, cared less about the kind of person you were than they did about who you were talking to or who you got that 'apostate' information from. "Name your co-conspirators" was the order of the day. The work they do, the work I never enjoyed, was that of essentially maintaining a franchise of Jehovah's Witnesses, not being shepherds and teachers like they were supposed to be. Policemen, prison guards, whatever you wish to call them--they carried out their roles perfectly.

I sometimes think of Raymond Franz' work, and always with great fondness for the man himself and the conviction he held. I will always see him as a hero and a true Christian. I can only wish that a whole, overlapping generation of men like him could show up one day and fix this organization. A pipe dream, I know...

It's sad especially because if you tell this to an average JW, they'll never believe you. Even if you were there, they'd never believe you. I believe it simply because the evidence all fits together far too well for it to be imaginary. The fact that not one word of these events was ever given to the average Witness by the Governing Body is an unspoken admission of guilt for them. They find it easier to label those who they've burned at the stake as thieves, smuggles, mentally diseased ones, etc., without even a word of serious discussion of or defense of their position. Propaganda techniques are much easier to write than serious scriptural discussions, after all.

Great post. It needs to be scrawled on Kingdom Halls everywhere that Ray Franz lives!

--sd-7

• Terry
    Terry

I'm completely convinced that a person does NOT KNOW they are filled with pride and hubris UNTIL somebody questions them

and they can't answer. Suddenly their own SENSE OF SELF-IMPORTANCE comes alive! Anger wells up inside. "Who are you to demand and answer of ME?" pops into their head.

Since this "important" person has the power to cut the questioner off at the knees (rather than humbly admit fault) they do so.

This is THE moment.

The person's (lack of) character is revealed to everybody.

Until that moment, nobody (even the person themselves) would ever know what sort of person they really are.

I think it starts with the self-opinion: I AM IMPORTANT!

When it comes to these Governing Body sorts....well.....they obviously have a god complex.

They remind me of Jesus' words about the Pharisees being "white-washed graves full of dead men's bones."

I have seen it happen with previously humble elders who blow up.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you Randy. Great info.

Loz x

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They will never be what I want them to be. Other religions have been ruthless. They are nothing compared to the Inquisition, Henry VIII or the Medici slaughter of the Huegenots.

My brother left the Witnesses for a superb education and became a Maoist within two years. So many depictions of Communist China under Mao remind me of the Witnesses. The Witnesses have no politcal force that I see, thank God.

• applehippie
    applehippie

marking

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks Randy

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Randy, many people new to this site may not have read any of this.

I also had it "from the horses mouth" about the nature of GB weekly meetings, a dear old long time missionary who ended his years in Brooklyn told me that he had heard the sound of angry raised voices many times as he passed the meeting room.

Holy Spirit directing them ? I don't think so.

• etna
    etna

Thanks Randy for you informative informantion, its always appreciated.

Etna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit