At $50.00 a pop for copyright the WTS is spending a small fortune

by sinis 16 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Why I always wondered why they had the audacity to sue and shut down the quotes site?!?

A site that mere posted your exact printed literature, thats spose to be the greatest life saving work to get these rags in peoples hands.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

God is using only one channel.

And just in case he decides to ditch the WTB$ on day, they will be able to take him to the cleaners.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

A copyright gives lie to the claim that their writings are channeled from God. They do not have the legal standing to represent God in court. Getting a coppyright proves that their publications are their own human gobbledegook.

• Lore
    Lore

Does it really cost $50 to copyright something no matter how big or small? So it's $50 to copyright a 4 page text only OurKingdomMinistry but it's also only $50 to copyright a 1000+ page insight book?

You sure about that?

So anyway if they just copyright the WT bound volumes at the end of each year that'd cover the previous 12 months of magazines for $50 right?
    Actually if they just copyright the WT Library CD each year that should cover everything they publicly produce.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

They use the copyright laws to close down or punish those who share their publications without the WTS approval. It is a means to legally harass and try to destroy others.

• jworld
    jworld

wow no kidding. I found 9976 pages of search results for "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society". Each page had 50 entries for a total of 498,800 copy righted articles. Obviously this dates back decades and im sure it was less than $50 back then. But by the current price that is almost $25 million worth of copy right fees!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Because I write, I became familiar with copyright laws here in the US. You can pay to have an official copyright registered with the government. However, it is not necessasry. The law in the US is that once you put your ideas into tangible form, (writing, music, artwork) the copyright belongs to you. Same laws apply to it. Having an official copyright offers an additional layer of protection, but as soon as I write something and can prove I did, I get the same protection. That said, this post is now copyrighted and belongs to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit