At $50.00 a pop for copyright the WTS is spending a small fortune

by sinis 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

I was on the US copyright page for something else and happened to put JW's in the search. They basically copyright EVERYTHING!!! KM's, you name it. I have not searched the trademark site, but I'm sure its the same. If "god" is really backing them, why do they even care??????????? What a waste of money, especially since they are not set up for profit. I can see someone copyrighting a work for profit, but non profit?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Did they copyright the new Elder Book? "Shepherd the flock of God"?

• sinis
    sinis

I could not find anything on that title. Makes you wonder...

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

It is rather odd, I wonder what their reasoning is. I mean they want to give this stuff out for free to anybody and everybody, but they spend money putting protection on their intellectual property? I mean I suppose the real reason is so they can remove stuff from youtube and the internet that isn't flattering, but if you BELIEVED it was all flattering then how would you explain that?

• sinis
    sinis

Maybe the elder books are not copyrighted because they are considered "corp" intellectual procedures/documents that they do not want open to the public?

• sinis
    sinis

The thing is, in the US works are automatically copyrighted upon creation. I know it makes it easier to file, especially when legalities come in. So why copyright PUBLIC documents but not INTERNAL - though both are considered copyrighted upon creation of said work?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I understand that paying to register the copyright has advantages if you contemplate going to court to enforce it (i.e., sue somebody). Perhaps Aguest, BOTR, Justitia, or some other professional would elaborate on that?

• Joliette
    Joliette

$50 a copyright? Say whaaaaaaat!

• carla
    carla

So we are not supposed to spread the word of the wt?

• metatron
    metatron

OTOH, are such charges ( by others) why they fight against exposing their own copyright theft of images in the magazines?

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit