Just found out a Witness works with me-ruined my day

by Quandry 20 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

Just remember you can only be responsible for yourself and your actions. She has to be responsible for hers. She seems to be good at keeping under the radar since she only mentioned her religion when forced to do so doesn't sound like a super spiritual in your face JW to me. It could be there is hope for her yet.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't panic.

You might turn out to be the best thing that has happened to her.

Chris

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I'd caution you to be careful. You know how elders love a good witch hunt.

I'm sure if she tells the elders they will be excited if they can chase down and disfellowship someone who dared leave "the flock".

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I know the feeling. I'm sorry that this happened to you.

I once found myself in a training class, sitting across from a JW who didn't know me. It just felt bizarre.

• d
    d

sorry to hear your situation. I just hope that, I do not to work in close proximity with the two witnesses.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I said I wasn't df'd so she could still speak to me. She just stood there

Unfortunately, it's one and the same to most JWs. They simply can't fathom that someone could have "the truth" and just leave it behind. Obviously you must be living a depraved and amoral life.

• jeckle
    jeckle

I know the feeling since leaving I've had similar situations. 3 work mates I'm higher on the food chain then all 3 .they all tried to reconvert me a little . 1 unfriended me when Iposted washtowel cult field circus field serve us randomly. And now he acts like no big deal didnt say a word about it. I said don't worry I won't bring up religion we'll just get along for work . And he's cool with me still. But I was the one to speak up.

• blondie
    blondie

I work with a jw...for the last 7 years. They have limited work interaction with me or my area. We did not know each other before since she was in a different congregation and side of the circuit. She has no interest in broadcasting her jw status. Just cordial hellos as we pass by each other. But no "spiritual" conversations. She had a sad event regarding her marriage that I was aware of that the gossips at work tried to get me to talk about...no way. (see gossips are everywhere, male and female) I never volunteer info as to my "standing."

• White Dove
    White Dove

Just found out after a whole year at work that my boss is a Witness.

When I said I used to be one, she said that a person has to WANT to do it, can't force it.

I really like her. She has not changed in her dealings with me at all.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just an update.

I couldn't help myself. I looked for this young woman today...found out she is twenty.

I asked her if she was going to school. She said that she'd be starting classes in the fall to become a dental hygienist. I asked if that took a four year degree, and she stated that one could start working after a two year degree but four was recommended. I told her that I knew that the WTS was speaking against higher education, and she said she did not think so. I told her that elders spoke against it but sent their own kids to college, and that at a congregation I used to go to a young woman was disobedient, getting a law degree, and was invited to Bethel as a single sister, so they do reward disobedience. As she began to look uncomfortable and back away somewhat, I said my husband was an elder for twenty years, and know that they had a directive that elders could be removed if they tried to encourage education. At this point she said she had heard something about it.

I said that perhaps she had better be careful not to encourage anyone to go to school, but that I was glad she was getting an education or she could end up like me, someone who wanted to be "Godly" and obeyed the council and ended up in a dead end job with no opportunity for advancement, and very little money. I told her many were like me..close to retirement age but couldn't even think about it.

By this time you could see the desperation in her eyes...she wanted to get away, and was saying that she had to be someplace in the building, and started walking away. I just wished her success and left.

If I have planted a seed, wonderful. At the very least, her guilt level should go up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit