Do you listen...

by AGuest 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

with your eyes?

Rhetorical question... no need to reply. Just food for thought.

May you all have peace!

A slave of Christ, who is reminded of how blind people actually "see"...

SA

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I do every day.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I think I need a hearing aid.

• Dune
    Dune

At the risk of further hijacking this thread, I absolutely LOVE christina Hendricks.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

True listening comes from that place beyond our mind. That which is pure consciousness void of judgment or extraneous commentary.

It comes from that place most intimate to us. A place without walls that in truly empathetic and open. Here, hearing happens in pure silence -- and it is here that hearing is genuinely heard.

We all have this ability naturally within us as it is the foundation of our being. It's what we really are.

j

• AGuest
    AGuest

I love Christina Hendricks, too (peace to you!). And I think a woman with curves is a "beautiful" thing (and apparently, do so a lot of men - LOL!).

Anyway, I asked because a dear one and I were reminiscing over "spiritual" things that occurred with us early on. On such occurrence is when the dear one "heard" something from my Lord... and believed it... but still had to look it up. Of course, the one already knew it was true but had to "see" it, in writing, with his eyes. As we were talking about this, I heard my Lord say, "Many wonder why they don't hear... and it's because they listen... with their eyes. They may have heard it, but they don't believe it until they SEE it."

That caused me to think of others who've asked, over the years, "why" they don't hear him speak. As I've always said, he speaks to everyone but not everyone listens. Or at least, listens... with their ears.

Dear JT... the greatest of love and peace to you... and thank you for the sincere comment (although the others will most probably say that they were sincere, too, but a bit more humrous... which gives rise to doubt). As I stated, I just wanted to give folks a reason to pause and think, which you obviously.

But neither you nor I should feel "special" about thinking - roosters tend to have their minds on one of two thing: crowing... or hens. As demonstrated here.

Peace, chickens (including you roosters... "Mad" or otherwise...)

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Open mind
    Open mind

Congratulations to James Thomas on Post #3000!

(Nice to hear from you.)

om

• Voices
    Voices

Anyway, I asked because a dear one and I were reminiscing over "spiritual" things that occurred with us early on. On such occurrence is when the dear one "heard" something from my Lord... and believed it... but still had to look it up. Of course, the one already knew it was true but had to "see" it, in writing, with his eyes. As we were talking about this, I heard my Lord say, "Many wonder why they don't hear... and it's because they listen... with their eyes. They may have heard it, but they don't believe it until they SEE it."

Shelby let me ask you to further explain this a little bit because i've been freakin-wondering about this very thing. I understand what i'm about to say is contraverisal and if you do not believe, that's alright. Lets say the ancient Astronaunt theory is true.... (brief run down:

1)Aliens came from distant stars down to earth in order to either

a)bring back minerals to their home planet for usage and needed to bring about genetic changes in our DNA in order to have us become more evolved individuals for their laborous works and were perceived as 'gods' because of their technological advances.

b)Came to assist in the evolutionary (not ape to man thing) process of becoming morally correct people in order to 'become perfect' and perhaps recieve enterance to the kingdom. This being because of Adam's original sin...and coming down to earth being given fleshly bodies...etc...

c) A and B

It is believed in this Ancient Astronaunt theory that a lot of the things around the world have striking resembalances to what we have today...rockets...choppers...etc.. and that various forms of technology that was far beyond the grasp of ancient man was then described in the best way possible from the things they knew. For example the biggest one is Chariots of the Gods. Where Ezekiel seeing the 'wheels within wheels' ...was a reference to SOME sort of Alien technology that he didn't know of. Supposedly if you note the account with the idea of a space ship with beings coming out...it apparently makes more sense. Or the vast amount of evidence of vitrification that occurs only when certain parts of the world is exposed to intense heat beyond just physical fire...that occured at the Atomic bomb site...however, evidence has been found in remote parts of the world with the same situation...but can only occur with nuclear blasts (but man back then didn't have that). or the situations in the bible...where it talks about people that were not worthy to get close to the Ark ...started to loose their hair and nails, which sounds a lot like radiation posioning (history channel).

Back in the ancient days ...the 'gods' came to men...and proclaimed or either were viewed as gods and started sharing knowledge with the people. Greek Mythology...Roman Mythology...

Now we do have accounts in the bible about Nephilim, who left their place in heaven and came down and took on wives. Now that makes all sense and everything (in it's own way). My question is....faith. how would I know if i was living in those times where to place my faith ...there where they were around? or even now? We may need 'eyes ' to see when you hear something...that i know and understand...and i understand that's a 'lack of faith' ...

how can you distinguish the difference between making an assumption..or practicing faith..or believing a voice? Kes states i assume WAYYYYY too much. A lot of times, what i've been taught by him about how the Master speaks...is like THINK something..and even though it's an assumption...not knowing it's an assumption and therefore taking it as his voice. How many times has faith been misplaced? Countless... Whenever I put faith in to something it comes out wrong...or what not...how is it that I should hear anymore? So ..i'm not suprized if someone 'looks it up' ...We all know im not the ...loyalist son in the earth... If anything, give me the only voice of truth, and help me accept it ....but my motive behind it is wrong. so... i don't know. How do you put faith in something, when there's SOOOOO many things that lead you astray. Modern science would say 'I want proof' ... but people like me are considered stupid when we believe in things ..and it doesn't come out true...andwe're just trying to practice.....faith. Believing without needing proof.

I use to say all the time 'listen to music with your eyes, not your ears.' ...and i understand this is not the same thing...but i find the irony behind it.

• Voices
    Voices

I'm adding a little more because i realize it seems a bit vague... terms like "Firey Chariot" (chariot being the only way to describe some sort of 'vehicle' in that time period) ...being an example of a 'space ship' etc.. i forgot to mention that.

• Voices
    Voices

how do you eliminate assumptions and practice faith? or hear his voice and not think 'this is just a thought' ...unfrotunately i do not have the ability to distinguish voices.... are we trying to develope telepathy? ...i'm not bashing you or anything...i'm just wondering if maybe i would have a better chance if pursued that..

Or believing something that we do not undersatnd and contributing it to God..when it's something else...

attaining healthy skeptism i guess...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit