June 2011 Watchtower & Poverty (public edition)

by FrankWTower 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• inbetween
    inbetween

FrankWtower: count me in, I´in the same state, constantly editing parts or giving balanced comments...

its for my own good , b ut also others soemtimes appreciate it, most though; I´m sure, dont know a differece, they sleep metally anyway...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

strange thing, I just got home an hour ago & I found that very magazine left on my doorstep.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

FrankWTower

I really appreciate your taking the time to compile that list of rebuttal information vis-a-vis the public Poverty article. I have a dub friend that still sends me the rags which I 'enjoy' as light evening reading (for the sheer entertainment factor). What I realized when I recently read this very article was that this is the same poverty stuff rehashed so that at the end of the 2 or 3 page article the reader feels that the problem is BEYOND the solving by humans and only GAWD can do something about it ... so join the J dubs and wait for him to take action 'soon'.

You put a lot of effort into your compilation and this is the effort that the GB's writing department just can't seem to do. They have to summarize any topic they do an article on in x number of paragraphs and the bottom line conclusion is always the same. MAN CANNOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. So pooh pooh on any efforts.

I, for one, appreciate that you are trying to open the eyes of the perennially asleep filling KH seats. As I awakened and began fading, I found giving meeting parts increasingly difficult but for the sheer WOW factor, I interpolated some pretty radical information to see if I even got a reaction out of anybody in the audience...some did say they hadn't ever heard some of what I presented and I knew that was for sure true! Of course, they couldn't refute any of it though.

So, I thought you might start your talk off by saying something like "We as Witnesses are so privileged to have the knowledge that only Jehovah can solve the problem of poverty. But what do worldly people hear about this issue? Let's look at some of the statistics that are bandied about...and then list some of the stuff you've got there....HOPEFULLY and this is a big IF, someone in the audience will start to think - WOW, is that so? People's standard of life is rising? At least for some? YAA, something here doesn't really compute. And ya, we can't solve the problem for everybody on the planet, but solving it for some is at least better than peddling magazines that tell you to wait and do nothing. Even the Good Samaritan didn't wait on God to aid the traveller beaten up by robbers.

So good on ya! All the best with this and any future talks...I was exactly at where you are now...yes, eventually you have to say IT's OVER and that day will come soon enough. In the meantime, make 'em squirm!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I must add that, even if world conditions do deteriorate, the Washtowel solution is going to be bogus. Their explanations for why the dollar is collapsing make no sense. Likewise, their explanations for governments that are trying to make stupid regulations that cripple the economy or that recklessly waste resources and force their currencies to devalue. They don't offer a workable solution, either. Their answer is to give all to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, quit working, pio-sneer, and wait on some Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that does nothing but mock your troubles. Which is not going to ease your situation.

Nor do they give advice that even has a chance of working. The advice they give ensures destitution. You end up with nothing of value, you waste money replacing crap, you waste more money on field circus supplies, you waste work time (or work finding time) in field circus, you get false hope from the experiences proclaiming that witlesses are holding onto work or being hired preferentially to worldly people, and you produce nothing of value to society. At least the advice you get from the world works part of the time, for some people.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    you get false hope from the experiences proclaiming that witlesses are holding onto work or being hired preferentially to worldly people, and you produce nothing of value to society. At least the advice you get from the world works part of the time, for some people.

WTWizard - So true - saw it over and over again myself...people counting on Jah to provide just like the magazines kept highlighting experiences where groceries miraculously showed up on the doorstep for those 'zealous' in the ministry that had put in x number of hours...

When our child entered University, we were amazed at the support given by the worldly authorities as our child was the first one in our family to attend an institution of higher learning - absolutely AMAZING in terms of bursaries, grants, etc.

Of course, if you end up destitute, the WTBTS is the first one to tell you to make sure you get your entitlements from your local/federal government. At that point, I guess Jah provides a little less...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit