Diary of an Armageddon Survivor

by GinnyTosken 25 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Ginny,

Can we hope for more posts coming our way as you do your file cleaning?

By the insight shown in the diary above, it's easy to see why the Society didn't want any of the locals to *speculate*. The further in time we got - the more we were taught not to speculate.

Like: What would we use for toilet paper? Go back to ancient ways?
    Birthing babies, communications, etc. Just be quiet, go in service, and "wait on Jehovah."

I was under the impression that we wouldn't have had to bury bodies though. I thought the current teaching was that Jehovah would take care of that. Of course, there is a difference between bodies and skeletons. Guess the birds get first choice.....then the bones are left over.

I had never thought about the contents of people's homes. A lot of us joked about the homes....but I don't think we ever considered the private things of persons. Either use the clothes, etc., or Big Bonfires. Of course, that might be considered wasteful, eh?

Our Immediate Earthly Paradise. I think we overlooked the terrible implications of the immediate ---- and thought about a 1,000 years down the road. Much less confusion of thought.

Thanks.

waiting

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Ginny,

I do recall someone posting this a few years back on h20 (or a link to, not sure). Anyway through reading much of it all I could do was recall how excited JWs get at the thought of the Big A. Remember when Princess infiltrated that witness site and they were blathering on about "no worldlies or apostates--how wonderful!!"? Pretty sick stuff.

To tell you the truth though, I am hard pressed to imagine any other scenario if the the world were left to the Borg.

Thanks for bringing up this old gem, let us hope some lurkers read it and digest this food for thought.

Regards,
    Julie

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Reminds me of Animal Farm by George Orwell.
    http://www.ddc.net/ygg/etext/animal.htm

Great book... a lot like his other book, 1984.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Waiting,

Can we hope for more posts coming our way as you do your file cleaning?
    I was drawn to the fluff of Philia in those days, so that's mostly what I find in my files. One of my favorite sparring partners there was a young guy who called himself "Cheesy." Slipnslidemaster reminds me a lot of him. After a lively bout of bantering, one of the other participants asked, "Do I hear wedding bells?"

I answered:

Wedding bells?! Cheesy and I haven't even sat together at the Kingdom Hall!

Alas, I see no whey I could ever be Cheesy's wife. His own wifely criteria have soured my hopes. I would only have grated Cheesy's nerves. Oh, how I've dreamed of the two of us together, like Edam and Eve, in our own little house, Cottage Cheesy! Of curds, as Cheesy ripens and matures, he may change.

Don't be bleu, Cheesy.

Ginny, "Punning is the lowest form of humour, but poetry is verse" Class

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Goddamn, that rocked!!!LOLOL

And how true would it be? Probably pretty accurate depiction of the "new world order'.

Hell indeed.

ashi

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks for posting that story, my eyes were glued to my computer. Without a doubt, that was the best post Armageddon story I have ever read.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thanks for posting that, Ginny! What a great story.

• DIM
    DIM

badwillie showed me this last night and I had to read it again...thanks for this story. amazing, and not at all far fetched.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Classic!

• waiting
    waiting

Hello!

I'm cleaning out my files (we're moving) - and I found this thread I had printed out........so much to think about! THIS IS A GREAT STORY!!!!!!

Btw, Ginny Tosken was one of our premier posters, one of the ol' valiant H20 Warriors (but with a pleasant wisdom, demeanor, & marvelous wit). Last I heard - she was doing great in her life - she deserves it

Please read - worth your time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit