I've invited the Witnesses to my house

by maksym 19 Replies latest jw friends

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

I think the booktable is a growing approach

they cant do door to door so easily now - people are becoming more litigious especially here in australia where lawsuits far outnumber the US

its also a less confrontational approach and it allows them to "proclaim the name of Jehovah" using their big banners etc - which they obviously cant do at doors.

Remember, for witnesses (just as with Hare Krishnas) its all about getting Gods name to the people.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I would say, let them have their say, they like to talk. After they have finished start asking questions, just like you did at the stand. They will have their bibles, you will have yours and you can discuss the bible. Whenever they want to go back to books and other sources, keep reminding them that we should follow Christs'word and take instruction from his word.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Well if you're looking for questions to ask JWs that won't shut them down immediately that they can't help but try and answer you can always try...

www.youtube.com/timkilgore

shameless plug I know...

• maksym
    maksym

Oh yeah,

Tim Kilgore you are one of my heros.

I love your videos. I have watched heaps of them. Thanks for the input.

You're welcome to plug here.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Ask about Mexico prior to the 1990s. The Witnesses were asked by the GB to NOT carry their Bibles along, but to still pass out the Watchtower. If they adhere to 1st Centrury Christians' practices of unshakable faith, ...why shy away form using the BIBLE at all? Especially since it was NOT against the Law at the time. Never mind, that may be too deep.

Ask if a person joins the religion...are they free to leave at anytime? What are the consequences if any?

• ixthis
    ixthis

I asked them a question that really made them uncomofortable, I said, "have you ever experienced a miracle"

• cantleave
    cantleave

Don Cameron focuses on what they were teaching prior to their self proclaimed appointment by Christ. What specific teachings of the Bible Student prior to 1919 are still being taught today?

Prior to 1919 they were also teaching that Jesus had returned in 1879. They were expecting him to bring an end to the Kings of the Earth in 1914. Would Jesus have chosen a Group of people who were making so many false claims about him and his Kingship?

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I think the Steve Hassan approach is a pretty good route. I just don't have the book.

It would be interesting to see what, if anything, he'd have to say about Liberty U. Most anti-cult writers aren't exactly fans.

• maksym
    maksym

I just had a thought. Even though I filled out a form and had a situation that I stumbled on to bring the witnesses to my house, I'm wondering if that actual idea is good for others. I'm referring to requesting a visit.

Has anyone ever tried calling the local congregation and asked for a visit just to preach to them. If you can remain anonymous then I think maybe getting someone out may be a possibility. At the least they would have some things to think about.

We need good apostates to break the mind control. Those that are good at rhetoric and finding fallacies and know the history, are prone to work into the minds of the JW's.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Nice work; I would stick to questions that make them uncomfortable. and not let them change the subject. It's great to embarress them for know knowing the topic/ or facts about wts history. stick to your strong points and don't let them change subjects. If you always go to this bus stop? stop and talk to them every time. DO NOT TALK THE TRINITY... TALK WTS FALSE TEACHINGS. IT'S EASY WORK LIKE TAKING CANDY fROM A BABY. I get the feeling they will not want to talk with you at the bus stop or come to your home. I like to taql;k about eating the bread and wine jn:6:49- 70 . the KEY word in them verses is "ANYONE MAY EAT AND LIVE". have fun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit