Major of Cordova, Alabama refuses FEMA trailers for homeless tornado victims because he says they're too ugly.

by Terra Incognita 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Yahoo News

Jack Scott - Cruel-hearted

Mayor of Cordova, Alabama

Residents whose homes were destroyed assumed they would be able to live in one of the hundreds of long, skinny mobile homes that FEMA is providing as temporary housing for tornado victims. After all, the Cordova Police Department, a pharmacy, a bank and City Hall all have moved into similar trailers since the storm.

But the city enacted a law three years ago that bans the type of mobile homes provided by FEMA, called single-wide trailers. Older single-wide mobile homes were grandfathered in under the law and double-wide mobile homes are still allowed, Scott said, but new single-wides aren't allowed and a tornado isn't any reason to change the law, even temporarily.

The city's stance prompted an outcry that's not getting any quieter, especially with other cities with similar laws granting waivers. About 200 people attended a community meeting last night where some tried to shout down Scott.

"There are trailers all over here but (Scott) wants to clean all the trash out. He doesn't like lower-class people," said Harvey Hastings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110529/ap_on_re_us/us_fema_trailers_ban

Oh yes, that is ACTUALLY him.

Do I smell the faint whiff of irony?

If this were a movie they could not have picked out a better looking actor for his role.

Facebook has a page dedicated to this monstrosity.

http://www.facebook.com/JackScottFail?sk=wall

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Good grief.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

What a jerk. So basically, all those people are homeless because he doesn't want to deal with eyesores for a little while until everything is rebuilt?

Guaranteed he doesn't get re-elected. He just shot himself in the foot big time.

• Scully
    Scully

Oh... the trailers are ugly. When I first read your title, I thought "ugly" was in reference to the tornado victims... and was thinking WHAT A LOUSY JERK!

So trailers aren't the prettiest form of temporary housing. I'm sure the citizens would prefer them to a tent or a bed in a school gym.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Morbidzbaby:"Guaranteed he doesn't get re-elected. He just shot himself in the foot big time."

Morbizbaby; I have a feeling he doesn't give a turd from his pet beagle.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What a Jackass

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They aren't always ugly. This is classism at its worst.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Update on Cordova's situation.

Listen to what this worthless scum has to say about the residents of his town:

From al.com --Friday, May 20, 2011, 9:25 AM

"We want other people, young people, professional people to come here," said Cordova mayor Jack Scott. "We don't want them in a trailer. We want them to build here." .

• FlyingHighNow
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Beauty...is in the eye of the beholder.

It sounds like $$ are in his.* Imagine if your home were reduced to kindling, maybe someone in your family was killed or badly injured...?

*Look up: Rode out-of-town on a rail...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit