"I never thought I would come that close to my retirement in this old system of things"

by Hoffnung 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Busterrb, A very sad story. Most of us have also discovered that when you stop attending meetings, they drop you like a hot potato. It's all too hard. They become suspicious and judgmental. The bottom line, however, is that they are only at the meetings out of fear of being branded"unspiritual" and care very little for other people -- JW or non-JW. They are truly a people going through the formalities of religion, doing it to be seen.

• sir82
    sir82
    Most JWs no longer really believe the end is near.
    Older ones expect to die in this system.
    Middle aged ones as shoring up for retirement to avoid the situation now faced by the old ones who did not do so.
    Younger ones ARE going to college and starting families.

Yep, yep, yep and yep.

And vigorous browbeating in the Watchtowers and District Conventions is doing nothing to stem the tide. People ae hanging on, still attending and doing JW-style things, but their hearts just aren't in it.

And the Society is so reactionary, with literally no one in power who is capable of original thought, that they are utterly unable to find a solution.

So they go back to their 19th century business model (door to door sales of printed paper), and conduct meetings the same way as they did in the 1950's, and have a bronze age moral outlook, and just...can't...figure...out...why so many kids are leaving.

Idiots.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Sent you a PM MrMonroe

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hoffnung, this is very similar to what my Aunt said to me about 6 years ago at a family wedding. She is frail now having a few health issues. She said she never thought she'd get this old. Such a sad situation. So many from that generation and the one after being told the lie "You'll never grow old in this system of things" . This just messes with people.

(((( Busterb )))) Giving you a cyber hug there; your story is quite sad and so unfortunate. My heart goes out to you. My Dad had similar issues when my Mom was alive and not well. They never helped him; just hounded him to pioneer. So many of these examples show that they certainly are conditionally loving with their so-called brothers and sisters.

edited to add: Busterb, thank you for posting your story. Welcome to the board!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not only is retirement a grim certainty in Satans wicked old system, incontinence pants,deafness,senility and dementia are all certainties as well, what a f**king thought.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Witnesses sound absolutely crazy talking like this. And they don't even realize it.

• Joliette
    Joliette

There are a lot of people who never thought they'd live to be old people in this system. They didnt plan their futures and now there paying for it.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Busterrb, I'm sorry you had those terrible experiences. I hope you can find some true friends.

• sinis
    sinis

Retirement? Hahahahahaha - the way shit will go here soon and currently, "retirement" will be a figment of the imagination.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Busterrb, welcome to the board, and thanks for sharing! Yes, a sad story indeed. Be glad your daughter directed you to this naughty site

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit