How do you feel about illegals that lives here in the USA?

by Iamallcool 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool

Excuse me, What happened to Native Americans Indians, are not all other people like yourself all illegals?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If people from the United States found themselves living like many of the people were living back in their home country, they would do the same thing and emmigrate illegally to Britain, Australia, Canada, or somewhere. I do understand the laws and need for security, but I don't blame the people.

As far as politics go, in the United States, both major parties want the illegal immigrants here. The Democrats want the legal immigrant vote so they encourage things that make it easier on their illegal family members. Republicans want low-cost labor so that they can make more profit, so they want people who will avoid unionizing and work for less money and benefits.

• shepherd
    shepherd

@Iamallcool how do you feel? You started a new topic yet never bothered to state your own case. If you raise a question and start a new topic, you could at least say something yourself!

• garyneal
    garyneal

I don't blame the people either. I left my home town to move to the coastal region of Virginia in search of better jobs and a better way of life. Illegal immigrants are simply doing the same thing. For me, it was easy since I was a citizen of this country and I did not even move out of my home state.

I blame the businesses that employ them and other opportunistic people who see a way to hire cheaper labor and pocket the savings. People who export jobs to Chinese sweat shops aren't any better. I also blame the Mexican government for being weak and our government for doing nothing about it but dawdle. We could have more easily sent troops to stabilize Mexico than we could've done in Iraq and it would've been far more beneficial.

Republicans want low-cost labor so that they can make more profit, so they want people who will avoid unionizing and work for less money and benefits.

Yes they do but they also have to cater to their Christian right wing supporters who are typically made up of poorer rural Americans with little education beyond high school (if that). These people get hammered the worst by the influx of illegal immigrants which places the Republicans in a very interesting predicament. George W Bush wanted immigration reform and the Republicans had control of both houses of congress at the time, yet nothing got passed.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Sheperd, My girlfriend is illegal and she is out of job, The New Georgia Law will not let her to look for work.

• garyneal
    garyneal

lamallcool, are you planning to marry her? Can't say that I disagree with the law on that one.

I dated an illegal asian girl once, a part of me wanted to pursue a more serious relationship with her, a part of me held back. She was from Indonesia and in the back of my mind I was always wondering was she interest in me, or in citizenship. We only dated two weeks, I guess she was seeing where it would go. I'm sure if I had said I wanted her to stay and marry me, she would've never left town.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Am I planning to marry her? I do not know at this time.

• garyneal
    garyneal

She'll be legal then.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Gary, you are right, I prefer to have a wife that is also working, it would be much easier on us financially.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit