Does anyone think Jehovah would make a good friend?

by Joliette 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think it would rock! I like God. Besides, I hardly think a bood of fairy tales is a reliable source to make a judgment on what God is or is not.

• clarity
    clarity

They told me when I started studying that he would help me when I went into labour with my second child ..... boy that was nice. So the big day comes along and I prayed and prayed 'cause the pain was horrible, but the pain got worse. They couldn't stop the bleeding, awful having to say "No Blood" and then being treated badly because of that by the doctor and nurses.

I almost bled to death!!!! Some friend.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, exactly!

I had to do all the work in the relationship while trying to fall in love with God.

Hopeless.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I know this thread is intended as atheist bait, but I'll bite. The only one identified as "Jehovah's friend" in the Bible is Abraham and God did him pretty good. It seem the rest of humanity, Jehovah tolerated at best. What you don't want to be is Jehovah's enemy; that's when things go horribly bad for you.

@Exo 4:24

It appears Moses had neglected or refused to circumcise his son, so God struck Moses ill. Zipporah (Moses' wife) saved his life by doing what he had failed to do.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

From the Wiki entry on Genisis:

In contrast to this picture of a Canaanite background to Genesis, Lloyd R. Bailey (1968) and E.L. Abel (1973) have suggested that Abraham worshiped Sin the Amorite moon-god of Harran . To support their theory, Bailey and Abel point (1) to Abraham's association with Harran and Ur , both centers of the cult of Sin, (2) to the epithet "Father of the gods" applied to Sin (comparable to Abram's name, "Exalted Father") and, (3) to the close similarity between names associated with Abraham and with Sin: Sarah /Sarratu (Sin's wife); Milcah /Malkatu (Sin's daughter); and Terah /Ter (a name of Sin). [16]

Maybe Jehovah never had any friends.

• White Dove
    White Dove

You know what?

That is just sick.

I can't imagine grabbing my sons dick and slicing into it with a knife while out on a walk.

Grabbing it at all is unimaginable.

Come on!

Did that kid wear clothes?

How old was he?

Try that now and mom would be arrested for aggravated sexual assault.

Fake story alert!

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's comparisons like that, transhuman68, that make me even more aware that the Bible is just made up of different stories retold ad infinitum.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I do not like the god of the Hebrews.

A true friend doesn't need to be told how great he is ALL the time.

A true friend doesn't threaten to hurt & kill you if you do not tell him what a great guy he is ALL the time.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

No gods make friends. They are fickle and can act out on a whim.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How would you like everything you do to be what he orders you to? He would also steal every bit of wealth you created, and then not be satisfied. He would also make sure you never ever got things you wanted or needed--as long as you are giving him what he wants, that's all he cares about. Even worse than Agenda 21+. Even worse than the worst the Rothschilds could ever pull off.

In fact, Jehovah himself is the very reason why Agenda 21, and its mutant form (where you are living every second as they want and it will be exactly what you do not want to do), are certain to become worldwide. He is the reason why evil is sure to ultimately triumph and good to be vanquished forever (Satan could never do that). He gives false promises to solve mankind's problems, and give us personal fulfillment; at which point he starts usurping us and demanding stifling obedience to stupid rules that serve only to limit or eliminate pleasure and maximize guilt and shame. I, for one, do not call that a good friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit