End of the World Predictions that Failed

by flipper 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

I was actually going to order a bunch of Camping's free bumperstickers, etc announcing the date but I had to download some caca from his site in order to get the order through. Decided not to risk it. I thought that stuff might have made a little money on Ebay.

. .

I wonder how much this T-shirt would sell for now?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

End of the World Predictions that Failed

Well, you certainly won't find any that came true !

From what I have read , there have always been predictions of doom ever since Pre Christian times. I guess it is part of the human psyche. Some of us always enjoy fearing the worst.

• flipper
    flipper

TERRA INCOGNITA- Yeah, I don't think the May 21st shirts would bring in much income at this point ! I'm sure you are glad you didn't bother.

BLUES BROTHERS- Exactly. NONE of the end of the world predictions have ever come true. I think lots of Christians and others who believe in this will have long waits . None of them will ever live to see it happen ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

the end of the world will not be the end of the world...

The end of our admittedly unsustainable way of life is inevitable, as the end of the Egyptians, greeks, romans etc was too. But the globe went on, and it will after our short bubble on the planet.

We may pollute ourselves to mass death, we may overpopulate to mass death. But just like the animal kingdom where species run out of food or overpopulate the neccisary numbers die off and the rest go on to rebuild.

The rebuild may not involve electricty or other mod cons for some time, and maybe even a few hundred years need to be spent in peasant days...but we will go on none the less. And some will still insist the sky is falling in any given decade through it all.

The end will not be an end by divine intervention

oz

• flipper
    flipper

AUSSIE OZ- I agree with you. Some life may die on the planet, but the earth will continue as we know it. No divine intervention, but people may go a little crazy if something happenes to the electrical grid or their is an uneven lack of food supplies. People are always saying the sky is falling , but we will go on. Good points

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit