How do you feel about paying TAX?

by sleepy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopiano Reformato
    Utopiano Reformato

HEY LISA LISA & CULT JAM:

I had to throw that in for retro sake. Aren't office fetish people really cool? They are usually very very anal, extremely sanitary, prepared, organized, and intense. That's me!

I love folders, inboxes, bins, trays, desks, cabinets, files, paper, pens, etc.. I love STAPLES, OFFICE MAX, OFFICE DEPOT, etc..

Once I'm, it takes forever to get out.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hey Lisa:

I'm not sure of US tax law, but I suspect that even if you have your baby in December you get a credit for the whole calendar year? Is that right?

In which case, ladies, whenever you want to get pregnant, go and see your accountant!

Expatbrit

• ballistic
    ballistic

What weas interesting was that not a single reply came from Great Britain from where you posed the question.

What I would like to ask those in the US is how do you feel having to pay for health care (medi care do you call it?) on top of taxes? It is included in our tax even though the service we get flucuates between areas and medical diciplines and is the subject of much controversy?

• Jourles
    Jourles

. http://www.paynoincometax.com/

Have you heard of Irwin Shiff? If not, read through his website. It is a true eye opener. I'm waiting for my second book from him. Pretty incredible material.

• ballistic
    ballistic

once again, no good unless you live in the US. There are other people in the world you know. When I post something applicable to just Brits, I acknowledge the fact.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't mind paying tax but I hate it when the money is wasted because of corruption or incompetence. The UK government is great at both.

Also, we feel sometimes that we get ripped off sometimes and many little taxes created to make up the overall tax burden without having a high headline rate of tax ... do they think we're stupid?

I like Canada's tax system much better:

Our VAT = 17.5%
    Alberta GST = about 7%

Our Petrol = $1.70 CAD per Litre (mainly tax)
    Alberta GAS = $0.55 CAD per Litre (and they complain it's dear!)

Our 'TV License' which goes to the BBC = £120 per year
    Canadians watch BBC Canada for free (freeloaders) paid for by us poor brits!

(Whine, moan etc ...)

I think Britain is yet to wake up to the fact that you get more tax revenue if the rates are lower and the system simpler as more people pay and avoidance is harder. A significant amount of the tax money here goes on paying for the over complicated and confusing tax system itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit