Any suggestions for legitimate work at home jobs?

by coffee_black 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Don't do Verafast. You work lots of hours for very little pay.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I would strongly suggest consulting a qualified disability lawyer. 5 Lbs. is not much at all. Most doctors would give the doubt to the person. Something very strange is going on here. Right now I am disabled and the rampant lawlessness stuns me. It is hard to assert your rights when you are ill.

You can see a lawyer just to find out what the law is. Most people can read the actual law online but a competent lawyer will know the burdens of proof and likely details to establish a situation. Many offer a free initial consultation.

I believe there is also a federal agency overseeing this. Begging a doctor might help. The way you phrase it, she seems to be in the grey area. A fight might make them think it is easier to grant her dib. I'm not saying b/c I don't the facts.

I wish your daughter the best.

• blondie
    blondie

Based on what she did before her heart failure, maybe past employers can contract out work for her to do at home or might know someone who does.

If she is considered disabled, check with the state and federal offices in your area for ideas.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I understand coin dealerships are doing quite well. Usually, the physical work is light, but the amount of value is high. Unless you are talking about monster boxes of silver or ammunition cases of unsorted pennies, most of the lifting will involve small numbers of coins. You get a single gold coin, with a value of $50,000 or more, it weighs less than 30 grams. The 1916-D dime, and the 1916 P quarter, are both valuable (and rare) coins. A 1931-S penny is worth a small fortune. Typically, coin dealers are going to get orders like these. Occasionally, you will get pestered for investment silver, which is in very scarce supply (the eagles are the prime "offenders" here), but most people are there for numismatic items.

Of course, the Establishment has its nefarious reasons for imposing such wimpy restrictions. When you are first discharged from the hospital, a 5- or 10-pound limit might be very reasonable. However, unless you gradually build back up, you are never going to regain function. You need to pay attention to symptoms that indicate that you are nearing your current limit (which are often obscured by medications), and when you first notice such, to slow down immediately. Most heart patients have limits on aerobic work, and lifting 10 or 15 pounds slowly is not as stressful as rapidly and repeatedly lifting 3 or 4 pounds. Work with the doctor, but realize that they are all part of the American Medical Mafia Association, run and controlled by the drug companies. Build slowly, build cautiously, pay attention to symptoms and slow down if you notice them. But, absent any stress, you should be able to slowly build some useful capacity.

Can you fill me in about her heart failure and what's being done about it?

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

DagothUr brought up web design and that is a great way to make money and not a huge committment to go to school.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ali has severe heart failure. She has a pacemaker and defibrilator. About a month ago her leads became dislodged due to bronchitis and the constant deep coughing. It also flipped the pacemaker, so all of that needed surgery to repair. She contracted a staph infection in her incision, and has finally beat that.

Her ejection fraction was 8 when she was diagnosed just before Thanksgiving 2010. It has improved with the device and medication. She is undergoing tests in about a week to see how far it has come, and if she can go back to work. He had cleared her to return to work with the restriction before her bout with bronchitis. So it's kind of like starting over...

Her cardiologist had limited lifting, because her job required her to help unload trucks from time to time, as well as other duties that required lifting. In her condition, that is no longer possible... 1. because she could dislodge the leads from the pacemaker again, and 2. because it would put further strain on her heart. Her employer has kept her position open for her, but will not agree to limiting her lifting.

More good suggestion! We'll look into all of them!

Coffee

• talesin
    talesin

Also along the writing/editing line ....

University papers. In spite of having their own resources (PC/Mac), students are still notorious for bad spelling and grammar,,, syntax, etc. I used to 'clean up' doing papers for undergrads, and the occasional thesis!

When looking for work, always employ the K.I.S.S. method (pun intended) :D

tal

• KathiMora
    KathiMora

Your daughter seems to be in a tough spot and I think what you’re thinking may just work wonderfully well for her. See if she’s interested in professions like medical coding or medical transcription. They are absolutely genuine work from home options. She’ll be working with real employers or clients – no scams here!

Of course, she will need to get trained for these careers as they require her to have a specific skillset. Ask her to browse through the website of some online career schools that offer vocational training in these and other flexi, at-home careers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit