Any suggestions for legitimate work at home jobs?

by coffee_black 18 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My daughter may need this. Since she has heart failure, she may not be able to go back to work, because her dr. has placed her on a 5 lb lifting restriction. Her company has held her job open for her since the end of November, but will not agree this restriction.

She has applied for disability, but since her dr would allow her to work at all (dispite strict restrictions) she has been told that they will not likely approve her...

So she is caught between a rock and a hard place. She would like to return to her job, but realizes it is probably not going to happen.

Any ideas? Are there any legitimate online or work at home jobs>

Coffee

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Depends on the qualifications. I know a dwarf that can't use his legs at all. He's on a wheelchair but he's a great web designer. He's working from his chamber.

• manthedan
    manthedan

If your sister can shop at a store and type on a computer, being a secret shopper does pay. I have done this several times and found these contractors online. Its not great pay, maybe like $10-$25 a shop. I have used sassieshop.com and a couple other companies.

ebay is another at home thing you can try, it can work if you work really really hard. sell stuff from home, buying wholesale items then marking them up some.

• talesin
    talesin

I've been researching the same issue. I have this article bookmarked for editing and proofreading jobs (that's what I used to do). It has great links, as well as a list of legit sites for bidding such as JuJu and Elance...

http://freelance-writing.lovetoknow.com/Online_Proof_Reading_and_Editing_Jobs

t

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

she could schedule pick ups for charities like kidney foundation, etc....

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks, everyone.

She held various management positions for Walgreens for over 10 years... She always loved to write...so that might be a good suggestion, Talesin.

Coffee

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I still do mystery shops too, from time to time. It doesn't pay well, but it does buy a bit of gasoline. The only thing is that you do have to travel and use your own vehicle. Also, some shops require photos or videos. A good memory and the ability to accurately recount details are the most important qualifications.

• sinis
    sinis

Why not go back to her job and just tell management if she needs to lift something heavy to have someone else do it, maybe an assistant?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Does her employer offer any kind of a telecommuting arrangement? One of my co-workers is strictly telecommuting, to fit part-time work hours between her college classes. It's a good way to work at home, and since she already knows the company, she knows that it's legitimate if they do offer it. The advantage to the employer is getting somebody they already know and trust, and who knows how the company works. It's a win-win if the company can offer that to her, so she should ask about it if she hasn't already done so.

• talesin
    talesin

GLT -

One of the call centres here is for Staples -- it's international, so hours of work vary. You have to go to the site for the first 3 months, but after that, can work from home (part-time as well as full-time). Another option, perhaps.

t

* must work from home myself, so this is helping me, too! tks *

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit