Who is the Better Superhero - Jesus or Batman?

by undercover 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

"Usual M.O." is unimaginative, but the rest is good.

-Sab

• Violia
    Violia

Seinfeld cast used to get into these discussions. I have always wondered if Jesus had a sense of humor. Did Batman ?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Even if you think Jesus miracles and powers were mythical to real life, he still kickes everyone's @$$ as a super hero.

• undercover
    undercover
    Even if you think Jesus miracles and powers were mythical to real life, he still kickes everyone's @$$ as a super hero.

I dunno... how 'bout this guy?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Too bad Ronald's name is blocked out, I'd love to friend that guy.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Even Jesus is a Batman fan. Batman FTW...

• mindwise
    mindwise

Easy, at least if we take Merriam-Websters definition as leading here: 2 definitions:

Superhero:

1) a fictional hero having extraordinary or superhuman powers;

Whether Jesus was fictional or not i would say is debateable, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt here and say he meets that requirement ;)

He also had superhuman powers..

Though Batman is indeed fictional, he does not have superpowers but has to rely on technology, so Batman can't this race.

So Jesus wins this one unless you insist he's is not fictional in which case neither can apply for this medal.

2) also : an exceptionally skillful or successful person

"person" i think implies 'non fictional'. which would mean Batman can not contend here.

Jesus, well that would depend on whether he's granted the "non-fictional" requirement here, but if granted i think we can find something he was succesful in (or skilled)..

So, with jesus possibly contending in both catagories and Batman in none... my money's on J. :)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Jesus raised people from the dead. He restored eyesight, hearing, limbs, the ability to walk and made food multiply. He walked on water. He calmed the sea storm. He came back from the dead and he ascended into heaven. And did all of it with no utility belt, bat signal nor bat mobile. He also didn't sissy up and hide his identity behind a cheesy mask.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit