Did you know that stadiums can be used for more than assemblies?

by White Dove 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• White Dove
    White Dove

Egg and I went to our very first baseball game...first game ever, really.

Never knew a stadium could be fun!

AZ Diamondbacks v. MN Twins

We (AZ) won:D

• Heaven
    Heaven

The title of your thread made me LOL! Thanks White Dove.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I knew they were used for baseball games. I found baseball games equally boring for different reasons.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've been to Yankee Stadium sooooo many times I should be honored with the rest of the players when they have their "Old Timers Day" however, I've never been to a baseball game! Shea Stadium comes in second, never attended a baseball game their either, same holdsl true for all the other stadiums I've been to as a child in Baltimore, DC. Doesn't seem right all the time I've spent in these sports arenas yet I've never seen any sports being played there.

Been to Belmont and Aqueduct Race tracks. . . . never seen a horse race either.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

When I lived in Boston we never used any of the local stadiums. Sullivan/Foxboro ( now the new Gillette ),Fenway, The Garden, Fleet Center ( now TD North ). It was either driver out to the assembly hall in Natick or The Providence Civic Center.

When I got to Texas, the JW's were using the Astrodome.When that closed and they opened the new baseball stadium in 2000,that was off limits.Being grass that didn't surprise me. They rarely use it for anything else.

Then came the new Football stadium around 2002 and the owner pretty much told them to go jack off. I'm guessing,even if they cleaned it for free.

The old basketball stadium sat EMPTY for a while. Not sure if the dubs took a shot at it,but it is now the home of Joel Olsteens Mega church. The new basketball stadium has always been off limits to the dubs here too,to my knowledge.

But every Feb/March they dump a ton of dirt in the football stadium and have a month long rodeo. BUT, it brings in $$$$, so they could pile all the dirt in there they want.

The brothers would always brag that we got use of the astrodome because we'd clean it for free. I do indeed remember spending one saturday before the conventions scrubbing that place from top to bottom.

They now use two local sports arenas essentially built for local high schools. One for english,one for spanish.

Nothing beats watching a game in Boston. People down here come to games to talk business, or socialize. They sit on their hands and it's Zzzzzzz until something happens.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, and here's PROOF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5E_rk5XEDI

tal

*edited to say,,, that's me,, behind Neil in the lower bowl!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I knew about sports and music being played at stadiums due to all the pictures of it.

But I never KNEW the fun that went with that particular and original use of said stadiums.

WOW!

I want season tickets.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I love Neil Young..Great Canadian Rocker.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My family was never into sports, and rock concerts were taboo.

Has anyone else experienced that, too?

Anyone sneak to concerts and games???

• talesin
    talesin

WD - When I was a teen (and still a JW), I went to see ...

Joe Cocker

April Wine (3 times)

Rare Earth

Supertramp

Rush

Styx (twice)

All while pioneering, and felt sooooo guilty, 'tho I never lied about it,,, I just didn't say anything.

My big regret was missing K*I*S*S ! I was askeert I'd get caught with that one.

AND

they were all worth it! YAY!

And all at Stadiums where conventions were held.

QB - seeing Neil was my life-long dream come true, so 2009 was one of my best years, and 2010 I got to see Sir Paul!

tal

* it's better to burn out than to rust* klass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit