Funny video about the failed Doomsday message. And yes it was put out by "thethinkingAtheist"

by StoneWall 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

*Sigh* There are many types of vegetarians, and yes, they are ALL considered vegetarians.

Vegans

Vegans eat only foods of plant origin, no foods of animal origin; that means, no eggs, dairy products, or honey. Soyfoods, legumes, nuts and seitan form the protein building blocks, and are rounded out by grains, fruits, and vegetables.

Lacto-Vegetarians
    Ovo-Vegetarians
    Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians

Lacto-ovo vegetarians eat as above with the addition of dairy products (lacto) and/or eggs (ovo). This, in common parlance, is the style of eating most often meant in America when people refer to "vegetarian." Lacto-ovo food choices, in other words, do contain some foods of animal origin, but no foods composed of the animal's actual flesh, or products thereof (for instance, if rice was cooked in chicken stock, it would not be acceptable to your typical lacto-ovo vegetarian).

Pesce-Vegetarians (sometimes called Pescetarians)

In addition to the foods above, pesce-vegetarians eat fish. (Most vegans and lacto-ovo vegetarians do not, by the way, consider those who eat fish "real" vegetarians --- you see why definitions can create divisions between people?)

"Vegetarian Sympathizers"

Folks who do eat meat, fish, and chicken --- but perhaps much less than they once did, and perhaps more carefully (they may choose organically raised meats). They lean somewhat towards a low- or no-meat way in their thinking. Frequently Sympathizers and Pesces are on the continuum towards a lacto-ovo or vegan way of eating.

Passionate
    Vegetarian

As given on this site and in the book PASSIONATE VEGETARIAN , PV recipesare lacto-ovo, with plenty of vegan options, but always, always sensually pleasing regardless of how you define your way of eating. The recipes are frequently seasonal, not afraid of big flavors, and borrow notes from regional cuisines from all over the world. But PV attitudeis just as important. It is inclusive, welcoming, non-proselytizing, and absolutely respectful of anyone's food choices. PV's know that just as you don't have to "be" Italian to love Italian food, you don't have to "be" a vegetarian to love vegetarian food. PV's set a generous, delicious table --- and everyone is welcome.

If a man tells me he is gay, but only dates women, it's not my place to say whether he is gay or not. Maybe he's still in the closet about it and trusts me enough to be honest...who the hell knows?

Okay so it was a personal question... My ex-husband was verbally and mentally abusive, and yes there was a period of time when despite that, I still thought he loved me. He could be very loving at times. I know now, for a fact by his own admission, that he did not. But I still wanted to believe it. Satisfied?

I do think, though, that the examples I originally gave sufficiently answered yours. One doesn't have to answer from personal experience all the time in order for their answers to be considered credible.

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL! Thanks Stonewall, that was great. I like the part where he gets the phone call to say nothing happened and that the Christians are all still here and his reply... "Sh1t!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit