Funny video about the failed Doomsday message. And yes it was put out by "thethinkingAtheist"

by StoneWall 11 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

My son showed this video to me and I wanted to share it with you guys/gals.

I thought at first it was a real radio broadcast from how "authentic" it sounded. LOL

These guys are good at their editing and production of these videos.

I can only imagine how many "christians" hate how he ends this video. That was priceless. hehee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9KlMWzKj4s&feature=channel_video_title

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

Why did the prison population disappear? Why would rapist, murderers, gang members, drug dealers, and pedophiles get raptured? That part threw me off.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Philadelphia Ponos

I'm just guessing from the amount of priest pedophiles and pedophiles in the JW congregations as well as other churches that it was his jab at them.

Plus just think how many religious entities we've become aware of in last few decades that wound up in prison for scamming people. Remember Jim and Tammy Baker?

And the list grows as you research it.

*Edited to add* --- And plus think how many prisoners say that they "found" Jesus while behind bars. (Maybe in hopes of an early release)

Not a lot they can do to waste away the hours so might as well read the bible from cover to cover to pass time.

• clarity
    clarity

That was really terrific...

I'm still laughing and somehow .... a little disappointed myself! lol

c

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

The part about the prisons was a jab at the fact that the vast majority of people who are in prison are of Judeo-Christian belief...so therefore, they'd all be gone.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos
    The part about the prisons was a jab at the fact that the vast majority of people who are in prison are of Judeo-Christian belief...so therefore, they'd all be gone.

I guess it depends on how you define "Christian". If you define "Christian" as someone who says they are a Christian but don't follow any of the teachers of Christ than I guess there are a lot of "Christians" in prision. The Bible records Jesus as saying he doesn't recognize such people as his followers which is I was confused as to why anyone would think prissioners would be raptured. I forgot this video was made by an Atheist who probably isn't that fimiliar with the Bible.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

PP~ Atheists know more about the bible than most Christians do. We don't just say "Meh, I don't believe in a god, so I'm not gonna look at that". The majority of Atheists have read the bible, as well as many other "holy books" from other religious belief systems, and find them lacking. Maybe you should look into Atheism more before you run around making such blanket statements.

A lot of these Christian denominations pride themselves on their "once saved, always saved" mentality. So therefore, nothing they do on earth really matters because they've already been forgiven. And well, others just say a few prayers and it's like shaking an Etch-A-Sketch...never happened in the eyes of god, according to them.

As for how I define "Christians", I define it the same way the government does... They are people who subscribe to any one of the myriad of denominations that claim to follow the teachings of Jesus. However, let's not be like the Watchtower and try to say who is and who is not a "true Christian" cause that's really not our place, now is it?

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos
    As for how I define "Christians", I define it the same way the government does... They are people who subscribe to any one of the myriad of denominations that claim to follow the teachings of Jesus.

So as long as a person claims to follow the teachings of Jesus without actually following his teachings you'd still consider that person to be a Christian? What's the logic behind this? If a person claims to be a vegetarian but eats meat everyday, would you still consider that person to be a vegetarian? If a man tells you he's gay but never dated a man and only dates woman, would you still consider him to be a gay man? Or how about if you're married and your husband tells you he loves you but always cheats on you and is physically and verbally abusive, would you consider him a loving husband? I really can't follow you're logic.

However, let's not be like the Watchtower and try to say who is and who is not a "true Christian" cause that's really not our place, now is it?

Jesus defined what a Christian is in the Bible, loving your neighbor, turing the other cheeck, praying for your enimies, etc. Murderers, child molesters, and rapist are not considered Christians by Jesus' standards, not ours.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

So as long as a person claims to follow the teachings of Jesus without actually following his teachings you'd still consider that person to be a Christian? What's the logic behind this? If a person claims to be a vegetarian but eats meat everyday, would you still consider that person to be a vegetarian? If a man tells you he's gay but never dated a man and only dates woman, would you still consider him to be a gay man? Or how about if you're married and your husband tells you he loves you but always cheats on you and is physically and verbally abusive, would you consider him a loving husband? I really can't follow you're logic.

Apples and oranges. A person's religious beliefs and convictions are not the same as what they choose to eat, who they have sex with, or the person they are married to. I've known vegetarians who do eat some meat (fish, for instance), as well as eggs and dairy products. They are still by definition a vegetarian, even if it is not full-time.

There are HUNDREDS of examples of gay men who dated and married women to keep within the societal norms and to make their family happy. How in the hell are you gonna tell a gay man he's not gay just because he's married to a woman? So that's a very poor analogy as well.

And how many abused women make up excuses for their husbands and still claim that the man loves them, even though he is abusive? That he doesn't mean it...that she provoked it... Come on now. Many women would still believe their husbands loved them despite abusive behavior. In fact, many of them do believe that and stay with him because of it!

Jesus defined what a Christian is in the Bible, loving your neighbor, turing the other cheeck, praying for your enimies, etc. Murderers, child molesters, and rapist are not considered Christians by Jesus' standards, not ours.

Not so. Jesus also said those types of people could be forgiven...however, just because Jesus may have forgiven them does not mean they are not still subject to the laws that govern society on earth and that they don't have to pay for their crimes! Hence, the number of Christians in prison. Maybe they "found Juh-eeeesus" while they were rotting away and had nothing better to do. That doesn't mean they can just walk right out of the prison the day they "see the light". They still have to serve their time.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

I've known vegetarians who do eat some meat (fish, for instance),

veg·e·tar·i·an –noun 1. a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, or, in some cases, any food derived from animals, as eggs or cheese, but subsists on vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc. There is no such that as a vegetarian that eats fish, regardless of what someone told you. Just because someone claims to be something doesn't make them the thing they claim to be. Why is that so hard for you to understand? If I tell you i'm talking giraffe, would you start telling people giraffes can talk, or would you have enough sense to know just because I called myself a giraffe it doesn't make me one?

There are HUNDREDS of examples of gay men who dated and married women to keep within the societal norms and to make their family happy.
    At least read what I wrote before you response. I said "If a man tells you he's gay but never dated a man and only dates women...."
    And how many abused women make up excuses for their husbands and still claim that the man loves them, even though he is abusive? That he doesn't mean it...that she provoked it... Come on now. Many women would still believe their husbands loved them despite abusive behavior. In fact, many of them do believe that and stay with him because of it!
    Ok? Your response had nothing to do with my example, please re-read: "...if you're married and your husband tells you he loves you but always cheats on you and is physically and verbally abusive, would you consider him a loving husband?" This was a personal question. Apologies to Stonewall for hijacking your thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit