What if your Significant Other wanted to become a JW?

by Dune 23 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I suppose that I am of two minds when it comes to this:

If it involves a live-in/shackup situation, then I would tend to agree with pirata in that there is little that can be done and that the situation will resolve itsef one way or another.

If there is a marital situation, it can be much more drawn out and painful. I would then tend to agree with LouBelle. Try to get a dialogue happening. Openly honestly and factually discuss what's wrong with the JW religion and the people who ardently follow it. If discussion fails, the marriage will fail as well.

In any case, there is no way that I would be able to tolerate being in a close relationship with someone who is normal one day and then becomes an associate of JWs the next. It would be far more than I could bear, considering that I've left that stuff behind and have no desire to put up with JW rhetoric inside my own home. If I ever date an XJW, I would have to pose the question of whether she would have any inkling, desire or reason to return. IF she isn't firmly committed to leaving her JW past behind, my commitment to her will be left behind instead...

V665V665

• CAMELOT
    CAMELOT

Found Sheep...I totally understand, that's why I didn't get angry. It is traumatic what power and control they have over their members. It's devasting to find out what a fool one has been and how you wish you could change things. No need to apologize, hope you had a great day!

Onthewayout...It's nice to be here.

jgnat...She told us today that she is having a hard time, said she did some research on the WT Library and thinks of me as an Unbeliever rather than an apostate. No one is going to make her hate me. So I am feeling a little better. Wish I could have done a fade, she lives close by and her husband is in the truth and his father is an elder has been there a long time. They all live near by. Thanks for the post.

ABibleStudent...have the book by R Franz on the way. I was thinking, she isn't allowed to speak to me or hang out with me. However, my husband and my other adult children (not in) can all talk to her about me during a conversation. So in essence she is still going to HEAR how I feel about anything! Like "Mom loved that movie" and they can basically be a voice and an ear for me. No one can tell my family what and how they speak to my daughter, right? My husband can give her things because no one can tell him not to. I am feeling a bit easier now. I don't want her to feel guilty or unhappy so my husband told her today.."Mom would want you to be happy." Then I was thinking every time she has to come pick up our youngest child to spend time with I will smile at her and wink at her every time so she knows I love her. Who can tell me not to wink or smile!!

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

This man knows what to do.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Thanks Camelot for understanding. I felt like a creap all day. I'm a nice person in real life. Welcome and Best wishes that your family wakes up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit