Watchtower Lawyer’s Response

by Marvin Shilmer 37 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Liar Liar ! I know that was not true, in the 90's at least when I used to oversee the distribution of cards and I delivered many a Service Meeting item when we handed out the cards to ALL baptized present and wanted them signed.

I found the article on line

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1553-2712.1998.tb02511.x/pdf

In addition I thought the next sentences were quote worthy, as well as the bit that Marvin used..

" only those who t a k e

t h e initiative to a s k for t h e card will be given one.

Thus, neither t h e congregation elders nor t h e

Watchtower Society t h r u s t s cards on unwilling

members a n d insists that they fill them out. In-

deed, all those who request t h e card will not nec-

essarily follow through a n d fill t h e m out; congre-

gation elders do not check to see whether baptized

members execute t h e cards or place them in the i r

wallets or purses. Such follow-through i s left to t h e

individual Witness. I n short, Migden a n d Braen’s

assertions about how t h e Witnesses a r e subtly

forced to execute a n d c a r ry blood refusal cards a r e

baseless. "

Thanks to Marvin Shilmer ( again)

• TD
    TD
    If I remember correctly, back when the Insight books were release at the convention, you had to flash the no blood card to pick them up.

I doubt if my memory is any better than yours, but I remember that in regard to the Proclaimers book. I wanted one for research purposes and couldn't get it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

This is completely dishonest. First, you were going to receive a no blood card whether you asked for it or not. If you didn't fill one out, and somehow you ended up taking blood, it would pretty much be an automatic DF'ing, I should think. Failing to fill out the card would suggest that you premeditated the act of taking blood.

It's just...unsettling to see those kinds of statements in print. It's a wonder they "suggest" for 'em to stay off the Internet. There'd be no other way for them to know about this kind of stuff.

--sd-7

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember that in regard to the Proclaimers book.

I remember only pioneers and people over a certain age and who had a blood card could get the Proclaimers book. My parents got one for their household, but my wife and I could not get one. We got ours later at the hall.

It did create a run on them. By limiting who could get one, when it came time to order them, everyone was ordering multiple copies...and donating better, than if it had just been another release. They created a aura or something about the book that it made it more valuable to the rank and file dubs who couldn't get one right off the bat. I'm kinda surprised they haven't tried that tactic again. But then again, as I think about it, it did create some hard feelings. Young MSs and their families couldn't get a book while old farts who only showed up at an occasional meeting were allowed books. Some friends felt slighted and under appreciated.

I soooo do not miss all that crap...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I really believe the current DVD "history of the Borg" series is supposed to be the new-style "Proclaimers" book for the young, high-tech, generation. "See what Jehovah's Borganization has lovingly provided you? A complete history of Jehovah's Loving Borganization on DVD so that you don't need to EVER do ANY research about the history of Jehovah's Righteous and Faithful Loving Borganization on Satan's Evil Interwebz. Praise the 7-headed beast, Governing Body!"

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

sd-7,

When I first read those words by Ridley I was left stunned; speechless.

Marvin Shilmer

• AK MCGRATH
  • ssn587
    ssn587

they are still pushing the blood issue and filling out the paper work, when visiting those going to have operations they try and make sure that they have the required legal documents to prohibit blood. that seems to be the main issue, not realling caring about the individual, but caring about how mo'sm (WTBTS) agenda is followed when it comes to their blood doctrine (which seems to be constantly in flux).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit