The Rapture Is Taught In the Bible

by snowbird 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Silvia...."The rapture" as understood in pre-trib eschatology is a lot more than the scenario given in that text, it is a particular belief constructed by placing that scenario into a synthetic apocalyptic framework constructed from other unrelated texts in the Bible under the influence of particular exegetical traditions.

• wobble
    wobble

Good to see you back dear Leo, and adding your wise and erudite words as usual. (I may be wrong , but there seemed to be a lacuna on here that was noticable because you were not there commenting ?)

This is really off topic, but when did it become acceptable to pick out unrelated texts and cobble them together to make a doctrine ? (as the WT has always done) or has that long been a habit of people who view the bible as a homogenous whole ?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I can spell - honestly !!

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Bible is not literally true.

• unshackled
    unshackled

If you're around someone when they're being raptured, could you grab onto their leg and have a Tug of War with Jesus? If so, pretty sure I could take him. Bring it on!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks for responding, Leolaia.

The mystery that the Apostle Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 ("when the trumpet sounds, we shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye") and the Apostle's own experience as recounted at 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 ("I was caught away to the third Heaven"), are those examples of being raptured?

LOL @ Can'tLeave. I was just playin' with you.

Hi, Heaven and Wobble.

Syl

*off to look up lacuna*

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

The more you hear of Biblical facts that are wrong, it makes you less inclined to have faith in man's brilliant ideas and cures for human ailments, if Christianity and religion in general were to have total control of the human family millions of people would have died from now curable illnesses.

What research and development of human illnesses would have been done if the governing body of the Jehovah's Witnesses had been in mastery of humanity? answer none!!!!!!!!

Star Tiger

• snowbird
    snowbird

Greetings, Unshackled and Star Tiger.

Thanks for your contributions.

Syl

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The mystery that the Apostle Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 ("when the trumpet sounds, we shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye") and the Apostle's own experience as recounted at 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 ("I was caught away to the third Heaven"), are those examples of being raptured?

Well, sure, but I was pointing out the difference between assumption/ascension/being "raptured" and "the Rapture" (as it is referenced in the thread title).

wobble...Yeah sorry I've been busy and a little disinterested actually lately. Going without internet for a week in Europe was kinda like 'kicking the habit' a bit.

• Heaven
    Heaven

("I was caught away to the third Heaven"),

Hi Sylvia! *waves hello* About the above, seriously, there is only one Heaven and that's me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit