Family Radio and Jehovah's Witnesses

by confliction 12 Replies latest jw friends

• confliction
    confliction

So I'm sure someone's already noticed this by now, but I just want to post this because... well, why not?

I can't help but get that eery feeling that I'm at an assembly when listening to this video of Harold Camping talking about the rapture- the similarities are stunning, to me. In other news, obviously the rapture never happened- can't wait to see how this plays out for him and his cult following in the next few days and weeks. I could see about 100 years from now, the "Haroldites" branching off into a corporate structured publishing company, sharing the good news about the rapture. They would dismiss his claims, bogus calculations and predictions as simple human error, imperfection and being overeager.

• hoser
    hoser

holy crap! it even sounds like a kingdom melody at the start!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'd like to see all the doomsday cult leaders come out as publicly as this goof and have a free for all in the media, showing the entire world just how frikkin stupid it all is.

• confliction
    confliction

@hoser - That's exactly what I thought. And when he talks, he uses some of the same buzzwords, and the "air" of his speech is similar... I can't put my finger on it, but it's about the way he speaks - the mentality conveyed - and the choice of words that he uses, and the structure and formation of his talk. I wonder if he's ever been a witness or associated with them somehow, at some point in time.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't understand why people follow him. He's not even that good of a speaker.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

what a nutcase. sounds all too familiar to talks you hear a assemblies/conventions. not a great speaker!

• mindseye
    mindseye

That is eery. The kingdom melody-like music and JW-ese spoken by Camping also have me wondering about possible past affiliation. Or maybe it's just a manner of speaking (and thinking) that evolved out of 1800s reactionary/millennialist funda-cults (I notice Mormons and others have odd similarities to the Witnesses).

• confliction
    confliction

I wonder if Harold could be considered a false prophet, according to the standard of JW's...

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

This old bag of bones is slurring his words. Must be drunk on Armageddon thoughts

• freetosee
    freetosee

Ok, he's not the best speaker I've ever heard, but he does a lot better then some of the GB when they were his age. Some of them I could not understand a word they were saying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit