...WBT$/JW 1975.....Harold Camping`s May 21 2011 Rapture...

by OUTLAW 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

LOL@flipper (fartknocker) don't know about anyone else, but, i LIVED thru that whole '75 debacle......i also remember about a year or two later at a district convention the bethel speaker delivering a talk that blamed the rank and file for blowing it all out of proportion.........i was around twenty, but, i remember sitting there and my jaw dropping as I listened.........then, becoming very very angry and indignant for the outright lie. bastards.

Terri

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Its not a personal insult to call people like Lars an idiot because its just absolutely true.

• JRK
    JRK

Now that it is 5-22, where is Harold's Plan B?

JK

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Their own literature condemns them:

- Awake of October 8, 1966 (p.19)

- Watchtower of May 1, 1968 (p.272)

- Watchtower of August 15, 1968 (p.494)

- Awake of October 8, 1968 (Front page "Is it later than you think").

- All these magazines had much to say about 1975, and a lot of that was quite pointed, too! (Particularly WT 8/15, 1968, at page 499)

For the WTS to subsequently blame individual JWs for the 1975 debacle is - to say the least - grossly unfair.

Bill.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Has Camping re-painted and re-labelled his truck yet?

Family Radio Truck

• Violia
    Violia

he he ,I posted this on another thread but it is too funny

• OBVES
    OBVES

May 21 ,2011 is a turning point indeed ! It was settled once for all .If you are not Jehovah's Witness or a friend of theirs never dare to make any prediction on Jesus' return or end of the world . These hold a sway in endtime predictions as God is perfect in His plans , not a God of confusion.

All things must be in line and dates must be presented that support the fact that we are in the times like Noah was and the 120-year ark must be built .

No other religion except the International Bible Students and their legitimate successors fit in this 120-year time frame to have contributed into the building a spiritual ark of salvation.

If any one predicts the end a question can easily be posed where do you have a 120-year period included in your prediction ?

Harold Camping did not have ! He failed ! The best Bible preacher on radio on this planet earth was defeated yesterday like no one else in our times we live . If what he predicted had happened he would be even destroyed for heretic views like that Jesus is God the Father !

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

1) The 120-year generation of Noah's Day was from 1874-1994. 1874 was a focus date of the Bible Students. On a prophetic level this is the time when Michael "stands up" - Daniel 12:1 It is the beginning of the parousia of Christ, the events that lead to the 2nd coming.

2) Just as 1914 was fulfilled in the context of misunderstanding, so May 21st could also be. May 21st had connected to it several things, including the rapture, which clearly wasn't going to happen, as well as an earthquake which didn't happen, but also "judgment day." Judgment Day is significant in connection with the flood since it would be related to when the door of the ark was closed, not when the rains began. The last chance for salvation was the day before the door was closed. So "judgment day" is more like sentencing day in court. A day is set to give the sentence but the sentence is not carried out until sometime later.

But as far as the Bible Students/JWs are concerned, one thing Camping truly was inspired to understand is the END OF THE CHURCH AGE. That means the end of the time when the WTS would serve as the "temple in its right condition" sect. JWs, indeed, were the temple sect but only until the end of the 70th week. Remember, the covenant was to remain in force for "the many" (i.e. the Jews) until the end of the week. That means the covenant would END after the 70th week. The 70th week was from 1947-1996 for the Jewish covenant. The Christian covenant with the temple was from 1989-1996. But after that, the physical temple through any earthly organization would no longer exit. The actual spiritual temple would be built with living anointed ones. These replace the earthly temple.

So even as it is clear to many JWs was the prophesied true temple, the "holy ones" who are objects of focus like the Jews by the Nazis, which represent Gog of Magog, that covenant ended in 1996. That means the "church age" ended in 1996. That is, the broad road or organized religion no longer lead toward life but off into destruction. Instead, the narrow and cramped road of individual relationship with God and Christ is the true path now, and that is what Camping promotes.

This is 100% the opposite of the WTS who more and more promotes itself as the only means of salvation and emphasizes "loyalty" to an organization. Jehovah has cast them out and into spiritual darkness, as evidenced by their false teachings.

But even so, OBVES, you can understand the concept of having a light, like a star, against a background of darkness. Just as someone in Jesus' day was casting out demons apart from the main party of Christ, Christ did not condemn him, for "whoever is not against me, is for me." But you don't fully accept I'm the Christ. Yet you understand you were chosen for a mission, independent of Christ's direct party and interaction. So I know Jehovah is using you, you know that as well, but Jehovah has chosen for you not to publicly acknowledge me as the messiah. I can't do all the preaching work myself, so clearly you and Camping were employed to focus on some relevance of May 21, 2011.

By contrast, JWs were used to focus on 1914. They assigned 3 references, only 1 of which is correct:

1) End of gentile times. Wrong. EOGT occurred on November 30, 1947 when the Jews took over their homeland again. The EOGT times also ends 1290 days. 1335 days fulfills the year of the 2nd coming.

2) Second Coming, 2520 years from the fall of Jerusalem dated to 607 BCE. Wrong date for fall of Jerusalem. Use the correct date of 529 BCE and you get the correct 2nd coming in 1992. Of course, with 1290 days ending in 1947, the 2nd coming per #1 is confirmed to be 1992. It is now easy to redate the fall of Jerusalem to 529 BCE.

3) The beginning of the last generation of 80 years which begins with a world war (i.e. nation vs nation, kingdom vs kingdom).

#1 and #2 are incorrect. But #3 is accurate so the preaching was not in vein for 1914, nor 1874!!

So in the case of May 21, no rapture and no earthquake but we cannot say that the door to the ark was not closed on May 21st. There is a 7-day period of silence from the closing of the ark door until the actual destruction begins.

So you see, even though neither you nor Camping have the absolute correct chronology, I do, I still see Jehovah using both of you to place a focus on May 21, 2011 which we may only see in retrospect its significance.

So things are still pretty much on schedule as far as I'm concerned. Jehovah knows what he is doing. The preaching of you and Camping will not be in vane. We will continue to watch to see what happens in the next days, particularly the next 7 days, May 21-28th.

Of course, both ou and Camping will have to recognize me as the christ at some point at Jehovah's direction. So even more fun times are ahead!

LS

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

So, Obves, just include that 120 years in your prophetic views so that we may live our lives in peace. And our children too. Push the goddamn Armaggeddon no sooner than 2131 and let's be over with it.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Lars, Jerusalem did not fall in 529 BC, no matter how hard you try to twist history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit