HELP! Does anyone remember this guy?

by DanielHaase 17 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Groan? LOL!

Mr. Coffee ended up filing a lawsuit against the Watchtower Society after being run over by "The Coffee Creamer" and won! Then he continued his raving protests. He's a crazy old dude.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'ld like to buy him a coffee and hear his story:)

SS

• hippikon
    hippikon

Now known as "Yardif"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah and I saw him in a Dinkies Donut shop dunking his donut. I couldn't believe it was Mr. Coffee.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    Now known as "Yardif"

"Yardif"???

Y a r d i f
    Y a d i r f <--- is my name. See the difference, dummy?

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• felix a
    felix a

"Mr. Coffee" was what he was called and I listened to him carry on out side my window for over a tear when I lived in the 124 Columbia Heights Bldg. His wife was a witness, he was d'fed and I also know the Bro. who backed into him.

At the time he was hit "Mr.Coffee" made sure that everyone knew that it wasn't the boy's fault, that it was just an accident and that he was quote on quote OK. Though if I remember correctly he did break something.

"Mr. Coffee" wasn't the only lunatic that we had out front in Brooklyn. We had "Billy Wilkenson" of the Wilkenson blade family (they made razor blades here in the states. Billy was a bum - street person and crazy as a loon, it seems he was a living breathing example of untreated Syphilis. He was a Columbia Heights fixture for years. From time to time his family would have him picked up and get him all cleaned up, hair cut and about a week later he'd be back sleeping on his card board over by the 107 building.

Then we had Jesus for a summer as well. Incredibly well built hispanic guy who beleived he was Jesus Christ. Walked around with his top off, blue jeans or shorts and carrying his large leather bible preaching the end of the world and that the Watchtower was part of the beast and was to be destroyed.

I'm sure that some of the other former Bethelites out here can remember these guys and add a few more to the list that I've forgotten about.

I also remember when Jim Penton and company made a show out front in protest and carried a coffin and signs. I remember thinking they were crazy too at the time. I had a chance to sit down with Jim a couple of years ago for lunch and talk about it. Talk about a change in perspective.

felix a

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Then we had Jesus for a summer as well. Incredibly well built hispanic guy who beleived he was Jesus Christ. Walked around with his top off, blue jeans or shorts and carrying his large leather bible preaching the end of the world and that the Watchtower was part of the beast and was to be destroyed.

Maybe you should have listened to him. After all, he was right about the Watchtower being part of the "beast"!!

[8>]

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• HenryP
    HenryP

This is what I heard:

Mr. Coffee did get hit by a Watchtower Truck, but nothing serious happened to him. He did file a lawsuit and won $30,000. The Society paid up the sum in pennies. Mr. Coffee went back to court to file a complaint because of the pennies saying it wasn't real money, the judge kicked him out of the courtroom. Mr. Coffee passed away in the 90's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit